Chapter 10

After that awfully awkward moment, Miyu and Ryosuke had while walking home, they decided it's best to just keep quiet.

Just as they arrived home, Ryosuke looked back at Miyu and said in a low voice,

"Hey, I... I'm-- I... I mean, I need to talk to you about something later..." he then walked up and went to his room.

Miyu just sighed and went to the kitchen to see Ryosuke's Mom, and when she got there all she saw was nothing but a letter on the table.

Had an emergency. Your Obaasan was brought to the hospital and I needed to go there to check on her. I left food on the fridge, just heat them up before you eat them. There's also some groceries. And Ryosuke, be good to Miyu! I'll be back after a day or two. -- Mom.

"Be back after a day or two? Good thing, Yamada-sensei's gonna be here... Cause I swear I can't live together with that crazy guy if it's just the two of us." Miyu was talking to herself as she checked for the food in the refrigerator.

"Dad won't be home by the way..." Miyu almost jumped upon hearing Ryosuke's voice behind her.

"You scared me... Wait, did you just say that your father won't be home?"

"Uhmm... Yeah, I just said that. So you lost your hearing now, too? I thought it was just your memory." he said smirking.

"Then that means..." Miyu walked towards the table and got the letter before giving it to Ryosuke.

"It's just the two of us?!" Miyu's eyes almost popped out when she said this. The thought of just being with this guy--mentally points at Ryosuke who's reading the letter while getting something to eat--is already too much stress on her little mind, what more if they would be left together?!

"Well, it's actually simple Mathematics, you know? We're four here, minus Mom and Dad... Then yeah, obviously it's just us two." he answered without even looking and just grabbing on some strawberries.

Little did Miyu know that Ryosuke's heart and mind--and hormones--were already going berserk. He was just trying to hide it by teasing and annoying her. Because all he could think of at that moment was being with her, alone.

I'm a guy! Sheesh. Was his mind's defense against the things that kept popping in his mind.

"T-two days... with just... y-y-you?!" Miyu was stuttering, looking at Ryosuke with eyes evident of fear and worry.

"W-w-what's wrong with that?! And why are you s-s-stuttering?" Ryosuke was almost laughing, copying how Miyu talked.

"Are you scared that something that shouldn't happen, will happen to us?" he said, moving his eyebrows as he teased her.

Miyu remained silent, trying to prolong her patience that was almost only an inch left.

"Hmmmn... Well, it's not surprising if you suddenly surrender yourself to me... Considering I'm this gorgeous, sexy, and oozing with--"

*BAM*

"HEY, ~!!!"

Miyu then walked out after hitting Ryosuke on his head. The nerve of this guy! He's so conceited, it's sickening!

"Hahaha. And that's why it's fun teasing you..." he said and continued laughing. Miyu just shrugged it off and went to her room to change.

********************************************************************************************

"I'm sorry but... we're done. I just don't think this will work out." Miyu heard Ryosuke as he was talking on his phone. She just came out of her room and he was standing by the stairs.