Chapter 6 School

It was Monday, and AJ was shaking me awake.
"Get the fuck away." I growled. I didn't enjoy getting woken up at the ungodly hour it was. It must have been, like, five in the morning.
"Come on!!! We have to go to school."
"Screw that. I want to sleep." AJ had always been a nerd. Well, maybe not. But I always loved teasing her and saying that she was. She had always cared about her grades. And honestly, I didn't see why. It was retarded.
"Come on. If you do, we can see Anthony and Aidan, okay?"
I sat up reluctantly. "Fine." I rummaged around in the bag of clothes AJ had brought along with her. I slipped into some of my clothes. She turned away, not looking while I changed. Not that I cared. She was just considerate that way. When she changed, I did the same. Of course, she didn't care. But I returned the kindness she had shown me. We trudged to school, and, inevitably, we were late.
"Oh shit." AJ swore. She rarely swore, but sometimes she surprised me. Even though we were the same age, sometimes I felt it my duty to... I don't know... Have her not swear.
"Oh 'shoot' is right." I said. She cast a look at me, amusement written all over her face. "What?" I snapped.
"Nothing... Nothing..."
We headed up the stairs, hurried through our classes, and then came lunch. We all sat together, laughing and teasing each other. Anna sat with us, (she was another bff) and so did Lizzie. But then Cameron called her away, and she left. I sighed annoyance. No one except AJ noticed. She cast a worried look at me. I shook my head. We'd talk later.
After school, AJ rushed to me. "What's the matter?"
"Oh fuck that woman! She is so messed up! I'm soooo pissed at her!" I seethed. "She runs away at the slightest beckoning. If he asked her to kill me, she'd go, 'why of course, your highness' or some type of that shit."
"Ashley..." She trailed off uncertainly. She knew better than to argue with me. If she did, things quickly went from bad to worse. Not like I meant for it to. It just did.
"My gawd I want to kill her! What did I do? Nothing! So why does she frickin throw me away lie, a piece of trash???"
"Ashley! She probably doesn't know that she's hurting your feelings! You should tell her-"
"Oh shut up! She does know that she's hurting me. And you better freakin realize it!"
"Ashley... Of course she doesn't-"
"My God! Can't you just listen! She knows and I'm going to tell her off!" I stormed off, leaving AJ standing there, confused.

<<<AJ's view>>>
I stood there, looking after Ashley. She was going to get screwed. She'd lose Lizzie as her friend, and Lizzie would get killed. Ashley could throw some pretty mean punches when she wanted to. I watched her rapidly disappearing shadow, and knew what I'd have to do.
I'd have to get Anthony.