Chapter Nine

I lay there just staring at the ceiling holding on tight to my favourite cuddly toy from childhood and carefully wiping away any stray tears that broke through the barriers and slipped down my cheeks. How had I let things get so complicated? Now I was the reason for fights between the guys and that was the last thing I had ever wanted.

I looked over at the door as Dillon came in and smiled at me a little closing the door behind him as he came to sit on the edge of my bed. “I thought you could do with some Funny Man time.” He smiled at me as I sniffled a little and sat up and nodded.

“I could actually, what about Funny Man hugs? Are those available?” I whispered.

He smiled and pulled me close hugging me tightly. Dillon and I had always been pretty close and whenever one of us was having a rough time, we’d spend hours on end trying to cheer the other up. Despite popular belief Dillon was not all about partying and nothing else, he could be serious too and as a friend, he was always gonna be there for you no matter what.

“You want to talk about it chica?” He coaxed rubbing my arm

“Not really but you’re not going to take no for an answer are you.” It wasn’t a question and as I’d expected he shook his head

I took a deep breath and pulled away from him slightly explaining what had happened and he just gave me a sympathetic smile. “I miss how it used to be you know. If I could never have him as mine again I’d happily even take it back to before we ever left Hollywood in the first place… I just want him back.” I whimpered wrapping my arms around my chest tightly as if I would just crumble if I ever let go and he moved closer hugging me tightly.

“Do you want your brother?” He asked quietly rubbing circles in my back soothingly as I nodded.

Before he left the room he looked back at me once more and sighed, “Todova a estar bienal finalHaley, te lo prometo.” With that he gave me a sad smile then went to get Jorel

Jorel’s POV:

As I walked into Haley’s room after Dillon came downstairs I didn’t even speak, I didn’t need to, I knew what had happened, Jordan had explained it all to me and as I walked over to sit next to her I just opened my arms wide and motioned for her to come closer. She quickly squidged over to sit next to me leaning into my embrace as she rested her head against my shoulder and let herself break down.

Still I said nothing and just comforted her hugging her tightly and rocking us gently. Too many times had I been forced to keep her together before she fell apart completely and too many times had we been in the same situation so I had nothing left to say, she’d heard it all before but worse yet this wasn’t something that I could fix. This wasn’t some kids picking on her at school, this wasn’t her missing our parents, this wasn’t something I knew how to handle and then on top of all of that, I had to sit there knowing that my little sister, my baby sister, the one I was supposed to look after and protect, was in this situation all because of my best friend.