Chapter 6

When we arrived, the music was pumping through the building. Rocky’s parties were always amazing. His family made alcohol for a living, so nobody brought anything. There was always plenty.

I walked through the door, ducking just in time as a football was thrown across where my head was.

“Sorry Jody!” I heard, and held up my hand to tell them it was ok. With Tony following me, I made my way to the drinks bar.

“Hey there!” Rocky’s older brother, Jamie, said, “What can I get you beautiful?”

I felt Tony’s hand encase mine, and I mentally rolled my eyes.

“Shot of vodka!” I shouted, and he nodded, asking Tony the same thing. I don’t know what his answer was, it was lost with the beat. When Jamie handed me my shot, I downed it, and asked for a coke and vodka, which he handed me almost instantly.

“Jody!” Someone called, and I turned to see Blaize.

“Blaize!” I squealed, hugging his middle. It wasn’t the easiest thing to do, what with Tony’s hand, but I managed.

“You just get here?” he asked, and I nodded.

“Yeah, we got a bit delayed,” I say, glaring playfully at Tony who smirked.

“Uh-huh, whatever,” Blaize said, “I don’t need to know,”

“Ugh, don’t pretend you’re not interested,” I said, “You need some mental images to help you tonight, given that you ain’t gonna find a poor girl willing to sleep with you,”

“Jody, babe, we both know you’re willing,” he said, winking, and making my face heat up. Before you judge me, all I can say was that I was intoxicated. In fact, we both were.

“Maybe in your dreams, Blaize,” I say, “But I do not even want to enter your sick dreams,”

“But you already have,” he said, winking, “I could have swore you were in there the other night,”

I giggled, and shoved his arm.

“Shut up. I can’t think of anything,” I say. He smirks.

“I know, but who could beat me in the battle of the words?”

“Ace can,” I pointed out. Ace and Blaize’s banter was hilarious. It went on for hours.

“Please,” he said, “We both know I’m the best,”

Rolling my eyes, I say goodbye. I make my way towards the dance floor, and see Tracey making out with Ayden.

Tony notices it too, and I can feel it by the way he freezes behind me. All in a moment, I’m dragged over there, and he’s pulling Tracey away from her boyfriend.

“What the fuck is wrong with you, Tony?” She shouts. The argument is going unnoticed by everyone. It’s not unusual if they go to the same party. Or if I’m at the same party as him.

“You’re my sister, Tracey, I did not need to see that,”

“Then don’t look!” she shouted, “He’s my freaking boyfriend. Six months counts for something, don’t you think?”

“When you’re married, I’ll still pull you away!” He shouted back.

“You know what? You cockblocked me? I’ll fucking cockblock you!” She said, bent down to Ayden, and whispered something in his ear. He nodded, wide eyed, looking at me. After she kissed him quickly on the lips, she grabbed my hand and pulled me away. Onto the dance floor.

“No, I don’t mind, thanks for asking,” I say sarcastically, smiling. She smirks, and grinds against me. I hand my drink to someone, and copy her moves. She puts her hands on my hips, and I put mine around her neck. We’ve got the attention of most of the room now.