What on earth have I got myself into?

Following that disaster the night before Denise didn't come into work the day after in fact I haven't heard from her in days, I hope she's alright... As far as works concerned it's just business as usual when my phone rang it was Denise "Hey can we talk, come to mine" she said "yeah ok sure" I replied before driving over to hers. She lived in a 1 bedroom flat no bigger than a average family living room. "Paul I think we need to talk" she said her voice dull and filled with emotion, "sure what's wrong? Are you alright?" I said concern filling my brain "Ever since you joined the school I felt a attraction towards you, like fate bought us together. See the thing is I'm under the witness protection programme my ex boyfriend committed a serious crime and I was involved in it after I was released from prison I had to change my name and had to move all the way here to London for my safety. See my ex isn't like any one else's he's a dangerous violent man who's due to be released from prison soon and he's coming for me when he does, I know it's a lot to take in" she said a tear rolling down her face "Oh god! You can come and stay with me if you feel like your in danger" I asked her "Really? Thank you so much it won't be permanent just until I feel safe in my own home, also we haven't known each other long but I would like to get to know you in a different way?" She said with a little grin on her face "I was thinking the same thing I've kinda had a crush on you too" I said my face blushing....

After a while of chatting she packed a bag and came to mine she could have my bed whilst I take the sofa but if we are gunna get to know each other we might be sleeping together.... The evening was awkward and silent we just watched TV all night, but then she looked at me and I looked at her she leant in and kissed me "I can't wait for getting to know each other let's just get straight into it" she said before dragging me to the bedroom and slamming the door shut, she doesn't hang around I thought to myself. After a amazing night we woke up and led in bed and cuddled "Would you consider being my boyfriend?" Denise said staring into my eyes "Only if you want me to be" I said before kissing her forehead.

We spent the weekend together and it was amazing she has such a great personality and I would love to be in a relationship with her but with what she told me yesterday I'm having doubts. If her ex is coming for her he might come for me too? But I can't just let her be alone she would stand no chance against a violent criminal. The weekend soon ended and we went to work but decided to keep our fling to ourselves at work we will be professional in front of our colleagues. However it didn't take to long before people started to get suspicious me and Denise would spend lunches in her room and other members of staff would see us and make jokes I mean if anything they are acting like kids but we brushed off the rumours and said she was giving me a hand with marking some school books which some days she was. I think before we do ever consider a relationship we need to get to know each other starting with what caused Denise to go to prison and what her ex boyfriend done that makes him so vicious some without hesitation I asked her.

"Why did you go to prison?" I said to her without holding back "Well if I tell you cannot whatsoever tell anybody else I've told you enough already... Well basically my old like my name was Olivia Exonbury I lived in Yorkshire and I got involved with a wrong crowd of people my boyfriend was a drug dealer and often turned violent towards me then one day a woman came to our house claiming her and David my ex were having a affair things turned violent and David killed this girl, me and David were arrested and I was wrongly found guilty of helping David dispose of the body and spent 4 years in prison until evidence proved I didn't help kill this woman and David threatened me that if I didn't go down he would come for me whenever he gets released" she said casually "Wow I mean that's intense" I replied with a sense of shock on my face "This was 15 years ago and I found out that David was released today and it's a matter of days before he can track me down he's clever guy" she replied.

At this moment in time I felt nervous and scared about what I've got myself in for but she seems genuine and seems scared herself. Then a huge bang came from outside and a car alarm went off I ran and opened it up to see a huge fireball outside my house Denise's car was on fire and huge bold letters were painted on my driveway "IM COMING!!". We stood in shock pedestrians calling 999 Denise grabbed me into a hug "Now do you believe how dangerous he is?" She said whilst balling into tears "I'll make sure he never hurts you" I said whilst hugging and comforting her.........