Old flame, new beginning

Me and Denise stood in horror I leaned in and whispered to her "Is that him" I said stuttering my word, "what do you think" she snapped before pushing me away. "What do you want David" Denise said in a harsh demanding tone "What I've always wanted for you to bed punished for what you've done but I guess it's gunna be you and your kid that's gunna die" he said, "HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS PREGNANT!!!!" Denise said shouting the house down "See I know everything Denise you could say I'm sneaky, I'll leave you to play happy families but when I'm back you'll both suffer" he said before pushing past us and looking behind and grinning at us he left and slammed the door I ran and locked it before going back to Denise "It's okay I'll make sure nothing happens" I said "How can you guarantee our safety" she said before putting her head in her lap......

~ 6 months later ~

"Congratulations Denise and Paul your having a baby girl" the nurse said at the hospital, my heart was racing is this true I'm gunna become a dad? We laughed and were overjoyed I pulled Denise in for a hug the past 6 months have been quiet yet eventful, our relationship has become known to our work and the baby obviously, my sister has immigrated to Canada, my mum and dad celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary, oh and I plan to propose to Denise tomorrow well hopefully. We got home after the ultrasound and the front door was wide open "wait here" I said to Denise instructing her to stay in the car I went inside cautiously and the house was covered in red paint in each room was words spray painted on the walls spelling out a sentence
Congratulations
I know everything
Your happiness won't last
I'll be back soon
David xxxx

"What's going on in he........." Denise said not finishing her sentence "Did he do this I thought he left us alone" she said whilst picking up a plant pot that fell over "I guess our quiet life was over he's back for vengeance and this time it sounds like he means it" I replied walking into the kitchen, on the counter was a packet with white powder with a note "Cmon Denise just like old times your sniffed this stuff up like it was sugar. I'm sure a little won't hurt" I scrunched up the note and poured whatever that substance was down the sink. Denise picked up the phone ready to call the police when a automated voice came over the answer phone "I wouldn't do that if I were you, you call them I'll end you" a automated voice said why is he doing this, we are under enough stress as it is we aren't safe here. I ran upstairs and packed a suitcase with some things I'll book us into a local hotel until things settle down. "PAUL!!!!!!" Denise screamed from downstairs I chucked the suitcase down and sprinted to Denise "What's the matter....." I said before freezing there in front of us in the dining room was a dead corpse of some animal flies all around it Denise threw up I struggled to keep myself together. I grabbed Denise and slung her in the car before driving off far away from that house. I got us into a cheap hotel where Denise can rest whilst I go to work to provide a income for us until Denise can go back to work next year, "do you think he would ever harm us psychically?" I said to Denise worryingly "After what he's done now and in the past I wouldn't doubt it, we just do as he says for now, I know him more than anyone if we want to stay intact we do as he says...." She said before getting into bed I followed and cuddled her to comfort her I could tell she was worried just as I am, we will just have to wait and see.....