Girl Talk

I ate all the Hunter's chocolate once we got home.

I kind of felt bad at first, but I couldn't help it.  I had a horrible day, that ruined my entire social life.  I had been sitting up in my room for almost an hour now, crying and stuffing my face with chocolate.  Mrs. Hunter had tried talking to me through the door, but when I asked her that I needed to be alone, she left.

To get the key.

I took the key.  And so she sent Victoria up to try and talk to me.  After a couple minutes, I gave in, and let her enter.  But quickly closed it, and locked the door.  I jumped on my bed, face first into my mattress, and cried a river.  Victoria kept on rubbing my back and saying that everything would be fine, even though she didn't know what had happened back at the shoe section.  She did that for about 10 minutes, until I sat up, and then layed my head down on her lap.

"Charlotte, what's wrong?" she asked softly.

I couldn't tell her.  I don't think she knew about my previous relationship with Jake.  What if they threw me out after knowing that I had had a once very loving boyfriend.  Victoria was younger than me, could she possibly understand? I grabbed another hand of semi-sweet chocolate chips.  If I told her, I would have to explain my whole story from the beginning.  From when I fainted in my old bedroom, when I thought she was a complete freak, to earlier today, when my life tore apart, after learning that my boyfriend cheated on me.  That my best friend hated me.  That if it wasn't for Victoria, I would have never invited her to my party, where I blacked out, which caused all of the recent events in my life.  My dad throwing me out.  My friends disconnecting from me. The kiss.  If I told her all of that, she would hate me.  Just like my parents hate me.

Why am I like this?  Why do I have the worst life in the universe?  Why God?  I don't even know if you're there.

If you were here, then why haven't you prevented all of this from happening?  I could have my old, normal life back.

I told her everything. I just let it all fall out of my mouth.  I needed to get it out.

"I just," I whimpered after I finished my story, "I just can't believe that Clarissa kissed him!  They're dating, and they both hate me!" I sobbed.

"Hey hey," Victoria said, "It'll be alright.  You have me, right?"

"Yeah," I smiled, "But what am I going to do?!  I can't even go to homecoming this year, because I have no one to go with."

"You're worried about not being able to go to homecoming?" she laughed. "Don't worry.  You'll get to dance enough this year at the Stake Dances.  You are fourteen right?"

I nodded.  "What are stake dances?"

"Well, I've never been to one, since I'm only thirteen, but its where all the 14 year olds and up from our church stake, get to go hang out and dance for like 4-5 hours," she explained, "You don't need to have a boyfriend to go.  You just go with friends, and then the boys will walk up to you, if they think you're cute, and will ask you to dance." she smiled.

I sniffled and laughed, "Really?"

"Really," she replied, as she too took a handful of chocolate.  "And, between you and me, I think Justin likes you.  A lot." she grinned.

Justin?  I guess I never thought of that.  I mean, he's cute. Okay really cute. But I don't think he likes me.

"Nah, and he's not in my grade.  He's in yours Victoria.  Plus, isn't he still thirteen?" I asked, blushing.

"Ya, well, he's not Peter Pan you know.  He and I are good friends, but just friends.  He's gonna turn 14 in four months.  In December.  So then, at the Christmas dance, maybe you can dance with him."

We both laughed, and for the next minute or so we just sat there together on the bed, looking out the window.

"Victoria?" I asked. "Hmm," she responded.

"Thank you."

"No problem, girl," she smiled.

And we finished the bag of chocolate together, and continued our girl talk.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Hey guys!  I am sooooooo sorry for not updating this story.  But I have been writing another story, that I have posted on my account, called 'Attack'.  I just updated that before this, so if you have time, please check it out!  And guess what?

I have reached 1.2k reads!!!!!!  I literally squealed when I saw this at the top of my page.  THANK YOU SO MUCH!!  You guys are the best, and without your support I wouldn't have made this achievement, and probably wouldn't have updated this today. I love you! 

VOTE! COMMENT! SHARE!

Love you all bunches!(of oats)

-Emma<3