four

IT IS WHAT IT IS

CHAPTER 4

*Zayn's POV*

"What do you guys think is taking Liam and Lexi so long?" I asked looking around the table at the boys in front of me, taking a sip of my beer.

"Don't know" Niall said taking a big gulp of his pint. "Why don't you just go check on them?"

"Yeah, you know how much they talk when they are near each other." Louis chimed in. I nodded in agreement knowing that what they were said was true. 

I got up from my seat and told the boys that I'd be right back after I check up on them. 

Making my way through the crowded club, I finally made my way to the exit. I was looking around the entrance of the club searching for Liam and Lexi, when my gaze was suddenly stopped on a couple sitting on the bench beside me.

                                   Wait... that's not a couple!

"Lexi?" I asked, shocked at the sight in front of me.

As soon as she sow me. she broke away from the kiss and whispered something under her breath that I couldn't quite make out. 

"Zayn, let me explain" she plea-ed, reaching her hand out to touch me. I instantly backed away, my blood boiling, I was still so confused. I saw the sadness in her eyes the tears threatening to spill out at any second.

No matter how much I wanted to hold her and stop her from crying; I couldn't.    She just cheated on you with one of your best mates. I had to keep reminding myself. The sight of them kissing, replayed in my head like a broken record, making me angrier and angrier.

"How could you do that to me? To-- to US?" I asked her, my voice almost cracking at how upset I was. Tears threatening to spill out of my own eyes. 

She just shook her head, the first tear escaping her eye and she quickly wiped it away. "It didn't mean anything Zayn" She cried, her voice cracked when she spoke my name.

"I thought you loved me" I stated manning myself up a bit so that I didn't look as broken as I truly was inside.

"I do Zayn! I do love you!" She whisper screamed, tears now flowing from those beautiful green eyes.

I grabbed her arm trying to pull her back into the club with me. I didn't know where I was taking her, I just needed to be alone with her to make sense of everything.

"Zayn stop! Your'e hurting me!" She wined trying to pry my hand off of her. I turned around to look at her, half way through the entrance. I noticed the red mark under my hand, forming on her arm. I let go of her backing away, looking down at my hands in disgust.

She followed me those few steps leading outside the pounding club. 

"Zayn, where are you going." She questioned, sounding more like a statement.

"Away" I replied simply not really wanting to explain myself to her. I could hear here sniffles behind me, getting lower and lower as I walked farther away. 

I stopped in my tracks looking at the boy in front of me. Liam, was sitting at the curb, he looked as though he was crying.

His head shop up when he heard me approaching him so that I could get to my car which was in the parking lot around the corner. 

"Shit" I whispered under my breath trying to avoid Liam. he was the last person I wanted to talk to right now.

"Zayn, it wasn't her fault mate. It was  mine." Liam said standing up from his position, trying to defend Lexi.