Chapter 15. The Fun in the Water

I woke up with Alex's arm around me and my first instinct was to scream out loud but then I thought otherwise. I was just gonna embarrass myself since I was the one who boldly hugged him first. So, I stayed there for some time wondering how long have we been sleeping. I waited for several minutes and finally I felt him moving – meaning he's awake already. I hoped he'll just sleep some more.

"I know you're awake already...so get off me," he said much to my dismay.

Why can't he notice that I'm in no mood to fight? I just wanted some peace and serenity, as strange as it may be. Yet, here he was trying to provoke me. Did he want to fight with me that much?

I had no choice but to get off him and roll to my side of the bed. I checked the time on my phone and it's just around ten in the morning. Why did I feel like I wanted to laze around all day? I felt exactly like what Bruno Mars felt when he wrote that Lazy Song. I scanned my list of songs and played it for effect. When I finally settled into sleeping some more, I closed my eyes again and summoned Mr. Sleep.

But then... "Hey, get up. We have something to do." We have?

"What is it?" I asked lazily with my eyes still closed.

"Bring your dirty clothes out. We're going to do your laundry."

My eyes flew open. "What? I don't do my laundry, just so you know," I told him.

He chuckled. "Yeah, right. Who are you expecting to do it then? Your servants are not around."

"Err...the laundry shop?" I asked still not planning to get off the bed.

"Are you trying to be funny?" he asked. Who said I was trying to be funny? I was serious! Don't laundry shops do laundry anyway?

I groaned. "Well, can't it wait?"

"No, unless you wanna go around naked," he pressed.

"Perv!" I said finally rolling off the bed and smacking him with the pillow. I saw him smirking though I wanted to tell him I was liking the idea of wearing his shirts because I felt comfy with them. Wait, what? What did I say? Eww. Few days back, I would've thrown up thinking about this.

Eventually, I found us beside Phil's washing machine. He's going to boss me around again, I bet.

"Okay, I know this sounds thrilling to you, and you look so excited," he says sarcastically because I was the opposite of what he just said. "But you have to listen to me if you want to learn this stuff." What if I don't wanna learn this stuff? Ugh, I knew it.

Firstly, he told me to put my clothes in the machine. So I did just that, stuffing everything on it.

"Dude, you separate the white ones from the colored ones," he stated stopping me when he realized I was dumping all my clothes in there.

I stared at him. "You didn't tell me, dude. How am I supposed to know?" I asked.

"It was a basic knowledge, dude," he said staring at me as if I was the dumbest person to ever live.

"Well, obviously, not for me. I haven't even heard of it," I said as a matter of fact. It's not like I watch the maids do the laundry.

"I knew you were sleeping during home economics class," he mumbled.

I paused and turned on my memory machine. I don't remember sleeping in one my HE classes. "Liar," I said and all he did was laugh at me.

He gave me another set of instructions and finally there were bubbles already filling the machine. We left it open. I liked watching how it rotates back and forth. How in the hell could that process clean clothes?