Chapter 26. The Date

I still held her hand the moment we walked out of the movie house. She didn't seem to mind anyway. And I don't want to let go of her hand. Like I said, it stays there.

I really couldn't believe what she told me last night. As a guy, you have this ability to sense if a girl is having a crush on you. Believe me, we know it if you have crushes on us. So careful with the gestures. But when it comes to Jaz, I can never be sure. Aside from our history as best of enemies, she hides it perfectly the first minute and then the next, she openly shows it. So I don't know if she's telling the truth last night. Yep, despite telling her that I know her very well, this topic is just so vague.

But I know she's telling the truth. Oh, god, I hope so. I don't want her taking back what she said. That would hurt a lot more than all my break-ups combined. Hundred times even.

Okay, I knew I'm acting weird. Can you blame me? This was the happiest day of my life! I still can't really believe she said those last night! It felt surreal! Okay, that sounded so gay.

And now look, we're on a date! A real date – not just those hang-outs we've done before. This is a date! A date!!!

Okay, enough of being such a weirdo. But I can't help myself from being ecstatic. I'd never felt this towards a girl – being this extremely happy just the sight of her. I didn't know she had this effect on me.

"Those girls won't really stop gawking at you," she mumbled.

"That's how hot your date is," I joked.

"Oh shut up. I don't know what they see in you," she said rolling her eyes.

"So what did you see in me?" I dared to ask.

"I'd have fallen for you the first time we met if we're talking about physical appearance," she said.

Somehow, that made me feel good. At least she didn't like me because of how I look. "So, you're not into physical attraction?"

"Do I need to repeat myself?" Jeez, this girl and her temper.

I shrugged. "So you're saying you like me because of my attitude?" Though I find that unbelievable. Was I ever kind to her?

She stopped for a moment. "Not sure. Should we really talk about that? It's making me uncomfortable."

I couldn't help but laugh. "You just don't want to be embarrassed," I teased.

"Huh! You wish!"

By this time, we already got to Phil's car.

"C'mon, spill it." She shook her head. "Fine," I said giving up. I started the car and pulled out of the parking lot.

"So, did you ever expect us to go on a date like this?" she asked later on.

I'd always fantasized her to be mine but I wasn't expecting it to come true. "No."

"Me too. It never even crossed my mind. That's just..." she said grimacing.

"Couldn't blame you," I told her.

"So what stopped you from asking me before?"

"Did you get amnesia all of a sudden? Imagine if I asked you out before, wouldn't you think I'm crazy?"

She sighed. "Couldn't blame you too."

"So now that we're at it, why did you laugh at my confession?" I asked.

"Oh that," she said and took her awhile to continue, "Just imagine yourself worrying for something and proved yourself wrong?"

"What do you mean?"