Chapter 12

Pic of Johnny^^^ played by Jake T. Austin

Maddie's POV:

"Oouuch." I dragged out, still disoriented.

I couldn't really remember what had happened, when I came to with a sneeze, it was definitely painful.

Nine people stood around me, their faces various degrees of relief on their faces. Mr. and Mrs. Knight, Johny, Kirsten, the two police officers, two paramedics, and Blake.

In the corner, as neutral as ever was Dad.

Tears formed in my eyes and before I could stop them, they began to run down my face.

"Oh, Honey." Mrs. Knight crouched down beside me and gently gave me a comforting hug.

She helped me sit up, my head pounding in protest.

"I'm fine. Just tired." I ground out, barely able to talk.

"I'm sure the police have enough evidence for right now," Kirsten said, giving a pointed look at the cops.

"Yes. We just need some pictures and we're are all set." the lady cop said reassuringly.

"Thanks, Brenda." Kirsten nodded.

"You won't be allowed at school for two days. Your concussion is actually pretty bad so you will need to rest." Ben, the young paramedic said.

"We'll take good care of her." Mr. Knight said, resting his hand on my shoulder.

All of a sudden James walked through the door with a camera in his hand.

Wait, when did he walk out? I thought to myself.

He walked over to me and told me to look at him, and turn my head right and left. Each time he unleashed a volley of clicks, which sounded like gunshots to my ears. This went on for a few minutes and I was starting to grow very tired.

"All done." He finally announced, closing the lens.

"You are seriously taking them away?" Dad spoke up.

"Yes!" Brenda, Mrs. Knight, and Kirsten all hissed out.

"They are fine, how many times do I have to tell you-" he started impatiently.

"Fine? A black eye, bruised jaw, and being choked is fine?" Kirsten glared.

"If she wasn't so difficult, this wouldn't have happened-"

"Sir, you should stop talking now," James said with an even voice, his threat clear.

"Blake, can you get Maddie? I will bring the car around." Mr. Knight said, standing up. Blake was so silent this whole time, I actually forgot he was here. He swooped down and lightly picked me up bridal style as if I weighed nothing.

"I'll get her things." Mrs. Knight said, already out the door. Mrs. Knight traveled in the opposite direction, towards my room

"I will get Maddie's things," she said, swiftly walking up the stairs. Johnny decided to follow us Blake had a grim expression on his face as he carried me outside, which I mistook for anger.

"Sorry, we didn't work on the project," I whispered.

Startled by my voice, he looked down at me, confusion on his face.

"After all that's happened, you're still worried about school?" he asked in disbelief.

"I-I thought you were mad-"

"I am mad, just not at you. Your dad is an asshole." He growled, glaring behind him at the house, towards the direction of my dad.

"I know." I tried to chuckle. It soon turned into a cough as my throat closed out of pain.

Blake quickly sat me up, still in his arms.

"What's wrong? Are you choking?" he asked worriedly.

"I'm- fine!" I said in between coughs.

"Just-hard-to-laugh."

"Oh." He took a deep breath.

"Why are you so freaked out, Mr. Jock?" I asked as Mr. Knight pulled up in the car. Blake opened the door and set me down, buckling me in. Johnny rushed around and climbed in on the other side, snuggling close to me.

"Because," Blake said, a slight red tinge coming to his cheeks.

"I-I didn't want you to choke."

My eyelids drooped and I struggled to hear him. I let out a large yawn and let my eyes close.

Just before I fell asleep, I quickly opened my eyes and looked at Blake.

"Thank you."

<><><>

Hi everyone! I'm so sorry for being away so long! My wattpad stopped working but it's all fixed now! Hopefully you liked this part and I can update the chapters again :)