<Chapter 7>

"Mother, no! NO!"

The piercing cry burst through my eardrums. Burning wood fell from the roof, crashing on the floor. I pushed through all the smoke and flames. Ash fell on my clothes and hair.

I pushed until I saw a boy. His hair seemed to turn more orange in the flames presence. His expensive clothes were stained with black ash. His face covered with dirt and his hair singed.

He was coughing his lungs out but still clung to his mother. He held her hand as the tears raced down his light cheeks.

A wooden plank burned and began to give out above him

I shouted out but nothing escaped my throat. I ran toward him as it escapes it place and fall down to his back.

I fling up, gripping the sheets, and scream. I look around frantically and sigh realizing where I am. I climb out of beds in my new pajamas.

It was all just a dream.

A terrible awful dream.

Just like always.

I look for my clothes but they aren't anywhere in the room. I open the door and walk out of the room. I didn't quite see where kim led me last night. There was a bunch of other rooms along the wall where mine was.

The open space with all the cubicles and equipment lays in front of me. I walk out awkwardly in my rank top and sweatpants.

Phil passes by me and looks at me.up and down. He is wearing jeans and a red and black flannel. He has black converse and a red watch on his wrist.

He snapped his fingers in my face, sending me back into reality.

"Tsk tsk, Daniel. Haven't you been told it's rude to stare?"

I give a nervouse smile and Phil puts his arms at his sides.

"Do you have any clothes?", I ask.

"Well that's what happens today."

He grabs my arm and pulls me with him until we find Kim. She wore a frilly floral dress and white heels. Although she looked classy, her strawberry blonde hair was still as messy as yesterday.

She noticed me and beamed with joy. Kim jumped up amd grabbed my hands holding them close to her face.

"Good Morning Dan! Today is a very special day."

"What day might that be?"

"Settling!"

"Settling?"

"Today we are going to get you a real room to sleep in every night, new clothes, new necessities!". Kim talked about it all as if she could do it forever.

"Sounds great."

Kim stopped dancing and smiled kindly.

"Just so you get to know everyone better. Each person will do a different thing. I'm going with you to get your new outifts, Gerald will show you your room, Aubree is going to get your new necessities such a phone, James is going to give you your own cubicle, and Phil is going to give you a suprise!"

I tried to wrap my head around everything Kim said but she spoke so fast I could barely understand her.

Kim grabbed my hand and took me to the room where she fitted my tux yesterday. First stop: clothes.

Kim fitted me for a while, giving me new pairs of outfits after outfits. For the day, she chose a black shirt with white stars and black skinny jeans.