2

"Grunkle Ford?" Dipper called hesitantly into the darkness. He felt around on the wall to try to feel the light switch. Dipper shivered. He called out to Ford again, this time feeling a bit desperate.
-------------
Dipper's POV
-------------
I was feeling a bit annoyed, because Grunkle Ford wasn't answering me. It was pretty smelly down here in Grunkle Ford's lab. I wonder what he's been doing in here. Just when I decided that I'd leave and try again later, I felt a warm, meaty, hand on my shoulder. I whirled around, to see that I was face-to-face with some sort of.. Hamster man? No, Soos!!
"Soos?!" I cried, startled by his sudden appearance. Soos stared at me with his small eyes, and finally said something. "Hey Dipper!" He said in his low, almost congested-sounding voice. I wasn't sure what he was doing down here, but I had been seeing him "sneak" down here lately, although it is pretty hard to miss someone as big as Soos trying to creep around at night. I quickly decided to see if he wanted to go on that walk in the woods with me. I asked him, and he told me he would, in a more, "Soos-ey" way. We walked up the stairs and came out from behind the vending machine, only to be stopped by Grunkle Ford. Except for the fact that he had yellow eyes with vertical black pupils.