17

Dipper's POV

I jolted awake in my pristine white hospital bed to five or so masked faces. I aas pretty sure they were aliens, though I was also pretty sure I was delirious. My first thought was of Bill. I wondered where he was, what he was doing, if he was alright, how he was coping, oh and, what he had whispered in my ear before I went out. The frustration of this kept me from enjoying the fact that I was alive. Or even realizing it.

What seemed like an hour or so later I fell asleep again, and awoke to an adorable smiling face looking down at me. Despite whatever machines I was hooked up to (probably) I reached my stiff arms up to hug Bill Cipher. Yes, to hug him. Never thought I'd say that. I felt his warm breath on my ear and the touch of his cool hand rubbing my back ever so gently. I breathed in his scent and whispered a question in his ear.
"How long was I out?" I murmured.
He gripped me tighter and whispered back.
"Too long."

I soon discovered that I was healed up and not hooked up to anything, so Bill helped me out of my stale hospital bed and let me lean on his shoulder on the way out of the hospital. His soft, warm hand gripped mine the entire drive home, and when we got there I was overjoyed to see Mabel again. So much had happened during that short hospital trip, which in the aftermath I learned only lasted 2 days. Bill had changed so much, for the better, and he was now staying in the guest room at the mystery shack during the summer. During the rest of the year he'd become a triangle and tag along in my backpack at school, and during lunch he'd become a human and we'd cuddle.

And that about sums up my incredible adventure that year, and how I learned how valuble a person(or demon) can be. I decided I'd document this experience in a journal, and I started it like this:

Dipper awoke with a start, and at first he wondered where he was...