4

( Mabel's POV )

Was that a .. scream? I thought to myself. I bolted upright in bed, and looked around. I saw Waddles rolling around on the carpet with his stick. I guess it was just a dream then. I got back under the covers, and turned to look at Dipper. Wait a second.. where was Dipper?? I ran over to the attic door, only to find it was locked. I pounded on the wooden door, desperately trying to break it. After about 20 minutes of doing this, I heard a click and i felt the knob turn. I jumped back, afraid of what might open the door. "Hey Hambone!" I was thankful to hear Soos's voice say. I ran forward and hugged him for a minute. He looked at me quizically and patted me on the shoulder, and asked why the door was locked. I told him how I'd woken up to a scream and asked if knew where Dipper was. Soos told me he had been in Grunkle Ford's lab fiddling around with stuff until he heard Dipper screaming, so he ran out of the basment and assumed he just went to his room. "Soos, we have to go look for him and Grunkle Ford! They might be in danger!" I sighed. "What if it was a joke though? We should hang around the shack and wait for Wendy to show up, and if they still aren't back by then, we will go look for them?" Soos asked me. I thought it seemed pretty reasonable, so I told him we should do that. We walked down the stairs from the attic to see the Mystery Shack had been wrecked.