14

A/N: I'm so sorry I haven't updated in forever, I've been really busy with finals lately, but I'll try to update more frequently. Also, thank you for nearly 6k views and over 400 votes!!! Also, please comment correcting me if I get anything wrong with this, as I haven't written billdip in a while 😅!!

Bill's POV

To be honest, I wasn't entirely sure how to drive a car. We certainly never learned it as kids. I just tried my best to logic through it until we got to a doctor.
   A few difficult minutes later, I pulled the car into the hospital parking lot and levitated Dipper just enough to get him out of the car and drop him into my arms. I then took his pulse, which seemed quieter than usual, but still present, and his breathing seemed weak, but alright. I shifted my grip on him and began to walk as fast as I dared up to the doors of the hospital.
    "His heart rate is steady, but he's still in critical condition."
   The voice of the nurse pulled me out of my daydream. I felt a stab of worry, and momentarily wondered where I was. I quickly remembered that the nurse had asked me to wait in the waiting room until they got his vital signs somewhat normal again. I shifted in my chair.
"Can I go in and see him yet? Is he awake??" I found myself asking the nurse in a very concerned, almost heartbroken voice.
She looked at me sympathetically and smiled sadly. "I'm afraid you'll have to wait to see him for a couple hours, he's not totally stable yet, and from howw you're talking, he probably wouldn't want to see you anyway." The nurse winked at me, and I gave her a puzzled look.
"What do you mean by that??" I asked, staring at her quizzically.
"I mean, you're blushing. Now you'll have to wait a couple of hours before you can see your boyfriend." She smiled again and walked away.
At the mention of boyfriend, I blushed harder and felt a tear fall down my cheek. Boyfriend. Why did a small part of me wish the nurse was right?
--
I felt a couple more tears fall, and then I teleported into Dipper's hospital room. I kept myself invisible, so that nurse wouldn't tease me anymore. I sat on the edge of his bed, and lightly kissed his cheek. Wait, what??? Why did I do that?? I slapped myself on the arm, then continued to watch his sleeping face. It was too hard to tear my eyes away from him. I floated next to him, and laid on my side so I could watch him while I rested. I looked at his heart rate monitor, which was still dangerously low. This is all my fault.