Chapter Six : Learning the Way

A/N: Hallo readers!! Long time no see :D 

This chappy took my ages because I was having a writers block. :( And exams. Enjoy!  

(Note this is set about 2 weeks after Chapter 4)

~~~

"Good morning class!" Mr Clements greeted them as he walked into class. "Today, you'll be getting back your test results from last week. 

Hearing his words, Natilda flushed an embarassed shade of red. Lynette stifled a laugh. Moments later, Lynette received her paper. She had scored full marks, the highest in her class. On the other hand, Natilda had only gotten ninety. Even as Lynette found it hard to supress her smugness, Natilda's cold glare in her direction sent a chill down her spine. Stardust's words of warning about Natilda's hostility rang in her eyes. She gulped. 

Lynette somehow managed to focus on Mr Clements' lesson but the threat still remained. What if Natilda really was evil? A tingling sensation alerted her to Stardust's presence.

Hey Stardust.

Greetings, Rider. I see that you are suspicious of Natilda. Hmm. I think its about time Professor Namsin taught you more about the other forces of the Universe. I guess I should tell him now. 

Yeah. That'd be nice. See you in Kaldrak?

The empty silence showed that Stardust had already left. Turning her attention back to the lesson, willing the school day to end quickly. She was already becoming excited about learning more things in Kaldrak. After all, its glamorous architecture, friendly population and her amazing fellow Riders made the realm enticing and almost surreal. Sighing wistfully, Lynette scribbled down some notes...

~~~

Glimmering sparkles glittered around Lynette before fading as she and Stardust teleported to Kaldrak after school. Already Lynette was learning the ways of the Riders in Kaldrak and could even teleport by herself after a brief lesson from Stardust. As soon as the shower of sparks dissapated, a young grey filly and two other Horses raced up to them. Lynette instantly recognised them as her friends from Kaldrak, Dappelshine, Stardust's sister, and Triasa and Fortes, Stardust's fellow Horses. Three other girls trailed behind them. Lynette recognised two of them as Cryscent and Hanara, but she had never met the last Rider. 

"Heya!" Hanara called out as she hurried over to Lynette and Stardust. The Horses let out greeting whinnies. "This is my sister, Emalia." She quickly introduced the younger Rider. She beamed up at Lynette before explaining that she was Dappelshine's Rider. As Dappelshine was still young, she mainly helped Professor Lynn to train her. "Besides helping to improve our skills together, we also get to spend plenty of time together and develop a bond," she added merrily.

Together, they all ambled over to the stables where Lynette, Hanara and Cryscent would be having their riding lesson with Professor Lynn. 

Professor Lynn began teaching them combat skills on their Horses, as well more advanced riding skills like jumps. After the tiring but enriching lesson, they were given some time to ride in the seemingly endless fields and paddocks of Kaldrak.

"Go ahead and explore this realm!" Professor Lynn called out as the trio rode away from the stable. Practice your riding skills even as you ride across the different terrains!" She gestured towards the surrounding forested areas, gaudy town square and water bodies that sprawled out around them. Mounting her own Horse, Ivory, they trotted off to carry out their own duties. 

Grinning, the three Riders galloped off on their Horses. "Why don't we go check out the Cloud Gates?" Cryscent suggested as they rode through the tall grass surrounding the riding school. Hanara and Lynette nodded in agreement. Lynette had never really spent much time at the dazzling entrance of Kaldrak as she usually just entered the city itself. As they neared the star-spangled, towering entrance, their Horses began prancing across the fluffy white clouds. Amazingly, the clouds held under their weight and even had a soft fluffy bounce to them. Sliding off her Horse, she knelt on the ground fingering the plush clouds.