Ch.1 Vacation

It has been almost a day since we boarded the cruise ship that was to take us on a trip around the tropical waters of the south. We had departed from coasta rica almost 10 hours ago and it was dark now. I wandered the ship, slipping through the many passengers with a slight amount of force, to make my way back to the cabins underneath the deck.
I was almost to the doorway when a sudden sound startled me. It wasn't really a sound that startled me, more like the sudden absence of sound. I soon reallised that the cause of the sillence was because the engines had been turned off, and we were at a full stop now.
"Straight ahead, you should be able to see the silhouette of isla nublar, the largest of the chain of islands we will be passing on our voyage." a tall man in sailers uniform had announced over the microphone. He continued to announce the history of the island, although Alex wasn't interested in what he was saying, he moved his way to the front of the boat, and when he succeeded, he looked longingly at the forbiding jungle ahead of him. He had been on this boat too long, and wished to be set free into the jungle he was scanning. He wanted to explore the areas of the boat no one had ever been permitted to venture to, and feel the rush of getting through security without them knowing. He had had much time left to himself, and had spent allot of that time in the woods exploring, or occasionally sneaking his way through local stores and capturing anything that caught his eye.
He was staring longingly into the jungle when he saw something slip from the shaddows and into the water, it was only until moments later, that he realized the true size of the creature. He wrote such an absurd observation off as just his overactive imagination, but none the less moved swiftly towards his cabin. He walked with a hint of fear, but made sure not to alarm the people around him.
Once he had made it back to his cabin, he slipped inside. His mother was waiting for him, she was tall, and dressed well for the trip, but had spent a lot of the time away from alex, staying with her friends, allowing him to cause mischief all over the ship. He stole thirty dollar entrees from the kitchen, shrimp from the bar. He was determined he would make it through this trip with as much of his wallet in tact as he could. They almost caught him once, but he evaded their watchful eyes until he was safe again.
He looked his mother in the eyes. "What have you been doing?" she demanded with a slip of paper in her hands, "you stole one hundred twenty dollars worth of food!" she shouted at him, though he guessed they would find out about him sooner or later. He was only suprised it had taken thim this long. She glared at him in fury "well?" she asked in a sardonic tone. "It's not my fault you dragged me onto this boat and forced me to leave my dad, all because of the divorce!" He glared at her and Turned away. "we arent getting divorced! We're just getting through some hard times right now." she said. He was about to argue when he was thrown off his feet and hit the tile floor with great force. A deafening roar ecoed through the ship.

This is a reminder that I do not own jurassic park. I only own the characters. Readers shall not use my characters without my written permission.