Chapter 24-

-Zoeys POV-

My head hurts. Like, seriously hurts. I tried to open my eyes but my eyelids felt as heavy as iron. My surroundings we're soft, like marshmallows. I was laying on a bed of marshmallows. Mmm. A sharp jab of pain ran through my head once more and my eyes closed tighter in reaction.

I opened my eyes slightly. It was dark, however not dark enough to see I was infact laying in my bed. Not a bed of marshmallows. Shame. I was facing the ceiling, shadows cast by various items in the room, following the light from the small bedside lamp. 

I heard the door click open and someone walk in. In reaction, my eyes snapped shut. I couldn't turn my head to see. I had no energy.

I felt the weight shift noticably on the bed. Someone must have sat by me. I hope it was Finn.

Oh my gosh Finn! I want him. I want him to make me feel better. 

I opened my eyes once more and there he was. My gorgeous boy, sitting on the edge of my bed with his face in his hands. He looked so sad. Shit, if I look as bad as I feel then I'm screwed.

He hasn't realised that I'm awake and looking at him. I'm worried about him, what if he got hurt too? Then my mind flashed back to what had happened. How long had I been here? Where had Amy gone? Had she hurt Finn. Suddenly I felt the need to say something and make sure that he was alright.

"Cheer up grumpy" I muttered, using up all my energy. 

He looked up quickly, shocked that I was speaking. He said my name quietly and moved closer to me. I felt his body heat through my trackies that Jess must have picked out. Lonsdale, her favourite. 

"Hey" I made an attempt at a smile, knowing that I was failing. It hurt my head to smile. Moving the muscles in my cheeks caused an intense throbbing in the right side of my head. I chose this time to state the obvious. "My head hurts" I informed Finn, although he already knows that. I must look a state.

"I'm sure it does" He replied humourously. I laughed lightly, making sure not to hurt myself too much.

Suddenly his mood changed from relieved to incredibly sad. His eyes filled with worry, with guilt..with fear.

"Look at you" He said, ever so quietly. I saw his eyes glaze over with tears. Oh Finn.

"I'm fine silly, just a few bruises" I shook it off and tried to sit up. I hoisted myself up on my elbows and decided I couldn't get any further than that. I had a horrible, throbbing pain in my stomach that increased as my body folded. Finn moved quickly and helped my sit up, propping pillows behind my back and head, making me more comfortable. 

"Look" He said. He reached towards me and I flinched. He didn't seem to notice and continued to pull up my top. My stomach was marbled with purple, blue and red colours, even black in some places. They crept up underneath my right arm and wound down towards my leg. They were hideous. 

"Urg" I turned my head away, not wanting to see the vile marks she had left on me. I pulled down my top and felt a sudden wave of sadness.

"I'm ugly" Finn's not going to want me now. Not now I'm stained and ugly.

"No" He said, soft but stern. "No you're not. You're beautiful. My little fighter remember?"

His voice broke and a tear fell down his angelic face. He was crying. Crying for me. I think back to when he was in LA and I was here. It was horrible. He had called me 'his little fighter' because I had missed him. I don't think I can fight this. I'm scared.

"Oh Finn" I sighed. I reached towards him, running my fingers through his soft, brown hair and wiping the lonely tear away from his face. 

"I was so scared" He said.