Chapter 14-

Oh crap,

She was angry and I knew why. She would be full of burning questions. I made a mental note to be completely honest with her.

"Is Lewis here?" I asked nervously.

"No" She replied bluntly.

"So what do you want to talk about?" I said casually and walked across the room and sat myself down on one of the plush sofas. She looked calmer and this assured me slightly.

"Whos jumper is this?"

"Finn's" I said. Saying his name out loud had a slight effect on my stomach. God damn butterflies.

"You say that like I know who your talking about" Her eyes thinned.

"You probably won't remember, you were pretty drunk. When we went to the party a few days back, some guy started touching me up-vile man- and Finn floored him. He stopped him from groping me basically Jess" I began to explain.

She was looking at me with questioning eyes.

"He's good to me Jess. I really like him. I only have his jacket because we went out the other night and I got cold, nothing else happened"

"What about Lewis?"

"I'm breaking up with him Jess" I said. As I said this, I felt a painful twang in my heart.

She raised her eyebrows.

"I'm not happy with this Zo. He makes you happy right?" She questioned.

"Yes, he makes me so happy. He's so sweet and kind and funny. I feel like I did when I first met Lewis. He's filling a hole that Lewis just doesnt fill anymore." I babbled.

"Hmm. He does sound nice. I just want you to be happy Zoze. Your my bestfriend, always have been. I don't want you making the wrong decisions"

"I know what im doing Jess don't worry" I tried lightening the mood. "He's got a load of decent looking mates that can't wait to meet you. He's even got a twin" I grinned.

I saw her mood shift. "Ooh really?"

"Yep, they're all so nice. And they're from London too" 

"Alright, come here Zo" She pulled me into a hug and spoke into your ear. "I dont want to see you getting hurt"

I chose not to answer and pulled away. Lewis would be home soon and I needed a shower.

"Just jumping in the shower. See you in a bit"

I grabbed the jumper and walked across the large room and into my room. It was tidy- explains how she found Finn's jumper. I put it back under the bed, stripped off and walked into the bathroom. I got into the shower and turned on the water. I liked to think in the shower, doesnt everyone? I stood there and thought everything through. I knew that I had to end things with Lewis. Deep down I knew that I had too, even if it was the hardest thing I'll ever have to do. I love the boy for gods sake, but maybe this was for the best. 

We'd had ups and downs throughout our relationship. I'd left for LA on a bit of a down, but then seeing him again put it back up.  It was such a confusing thing. I'm not a bad person. I just know what I want.

I got out the shower and there he was. Sat on the bed with his head in his hands.

Oh god. Had Jess told him?

He looked up as I stepped out of the shower, only wrapped in a towel.

"Hey" I tried my hardest to give him a genuine smile.

"Hey, you were out when I woke up"

"Just popped out for some bits, got lost" I sighed.

I walked and sat down next to him on the bed.

"Come out to dinner with me tonight" He said.

I paused and thought about this. Maybe this would be the best opportunity to talk to him.

"Yeah sure"

"Alright, an hour" He said bluntly.

Something was up. He seemed nervous, blank, distant.

Maybe if he was feeling the same it would be easier.

I spent the next hour worrying, thinking, getting ready and going over what I was going to say in my head a thousand times. I chose to wear a long, deep yellow maxi dress with gladiator sandles. I left my hair wavy and falling just under my chest. I walked over to the mirror and looked at myself. I chose to do my make up heavily, wearing waterproof mascara as I knew what was coming.

I did a once over and decided that it'll do. I walked out the room and into the large kitchen room.

Lewis was stood in the centre, waiting for me. His head turned and his face broke out into a huge smile.

"You're so beautiful" He said and guilt ran through me like a waterfall.

He looked stunning. Chino shorts paired with a grey, short sleeved shirt done up to the top button. He went to hug him and he smelt strongly of Disel aftershave. I loved the way he smells. I'm going to miss that... He pulled my chin up and pecked me on the lips.

He took my hand and we walked slowly to a caribbean restaurant that backed onto the beach.

It was really beautiful. The sun was going down on the horizon and a gentle sea breeze passed over us. It was perfect. But I knew what I had to do. I kept thinking off Finn and focused on him.

Finn Finn Finn.

"Zoey" Lewis said and dragged me away from my thoughts.

He was looking at me with his eyes filled with love and it hurt me. 

"I love you. I love you more than the stars and the moon. You're my sun, you light up my world and make things bright,  clear. You're perfect in every single way, from the way your nose crinkles when you think to the way you laugh"

Oh no. My eyes filled with tears. He reached across the table and took my hand. I couldn't do this. I could feel my heart beating faster and all the blood rushed to my face.

"I came here because I can't live without you. I can't go another second without you. And thats why im doing this"

He got up. Fuck. He wasnt? He walked around my side of the table. Oh shit. The tears finally spilled across my cheeks, falling onto my lap. They weren't happy tears like they should be.

He got down on one knee and produced a small black box from his pocket.

No. This wasn't what was supposed to happen. This was wrong.

"Zoey, will you make me the happiest man alive, and marry me?"