17. Lust

Practice in the morning after continued as usual. Marie never brought up the incident. Neither did I. We had our separate practicing schedule and it ended swiftly. 

This issue pressed on my mind, however, and it followed me till late at night. There was nothing to be done save confronting it. I walked straight to Marie's room and opened the door quietly. Her room liked much more dull and simple than mine. She was sleeping on the bed soundly on the side of her back. 

I approached her slowly, much slower than the wind that was blowing through the curtains. Crawling up to her bed, I knelt down slowly. Carefully I pushed her so that she slept on her side. I looked at the side of her bare, white neck. I closed in on the neck and sniffed it. It smelled like vanilla.

I took a bite. It was soft and cold, like melting ice cream. I kept my lips pressed on the soft curd and kept on sucking the oozing vanilla fragrance from her neck. It soon became too sweet to have any more and I pulled away. The only reaction she gave was a light cough, and then she turned back on the bed. She seemed to still be in sleep.

Savouring the small bite I had, I crawled out of her room and floated into the corridor. I must be dreaming. Was I really floating? My mind definitely felt aloof.

When I woke up, my head hurts. It was just a short spasm of dizziness and I recovered soon after. Paying no attention to such small irregularities in my body, I headed to the music room for practice.