Chapter 9: Secrets Desires

Both Natalia and Theodore stood at the foot of the bed, their mouths agape, the door behind them open wide, allowing anyone to peer into the chambers. They knew they should walk out, but somehow they couldn't, it was as if they were rooted in place.

The chambers were messy with clothing littering the floor, and a few candles on the floor as well. The curtains were drawn shut and the room was dark, but still enough light poured in so to see everything clearly. But the thing that left Natalia and Theodore in place was the two people on the bed. Alexander and Isabelle lay sleeping, the princess's head rested on her finance's chest as his arms encircled her waist. Alexander was shirtless and the same could be said to Isabelle, but she was thankfully covered by the duvet. Their hair was messed up and all over the place.

Theodore was the first to regain his bearings.

"Talia! Come we should leave." He whispered while tugging at her arm.

"B-but...I thought they had a fight?" Natalia stuttered.

"Natalia, let's leave before either one of them wake up. I want to leave the room with my head intact." Theodore hissed.

"But they had a fight."

"Oh, Jesus Christ! Let's leave!"

"B-but..." Natalia was cut short by a shriek causing the two of them to turn around in the direction of the noise, and found Alexander looking around in a daze as Isabelle had hidden under the quilt.

"Get them out!" She yelled from under the duvet.

"Get who out?" Alexander mumbled drowsily as he didn't quite understand what she meant.

"Those two!" Isabelle yelped as her hand came out and pointed the two frozen royals. Alexander turned in the direction and blinked a few times.

"Do you need me to say it?" Alexander warned lowly as he watched the two from his place on the bed.

"No! No need." Theodore yelled in panic as he grabbed Natalia by the shoulder and dragged her out of the chambers, closing the door behind them.

"Did they go?" Isabelle asked meekly from beneath the quilt. Alexander chuckled.

"Yes, angel. They're gone."

"Phew." With that said, Isabelle peeked her head out from beneath the quilt and sat leaning against the pillows behind her back. Running a hand through her messy hair. Alexander chuckled and placed a kiss on her forehead.

"Is there ever a time in the day when you don't look beautiful?" He murmured against her skin. Isabelle laughed at his question.

"Honestly, I am sure that I do not look to be in the best of states right now, but you are implying that even after waking up I look beautiful. So to answer your question, you have to tell me because I do not walk around the palace holding a mirror to my face throughout the whole day seeing if I look presentable." Isabelle chuckled.

"No, you do not. But, you do not look presentable. To me and to everyone else, you look like a goddess that has graced us mortal men with her ethereal beauty." Alexander spoke as he took hold of her hand and placed a kiss on her engagement ring.

Her engagement ring was exquisite. It was a band of silver with three pearls at the top, surrounded by small diamonds. It shimmered and glittered in the sun, and fit Isabelle perfectly, as if though it were meant for her hands. A small smile graced her lips.

"You are quite the flatterer,"

"For you, I would be anything," Alexander spoke as he placed a kiss on the tip of her nose. Suddenly his expression turned from carefree to serious as he interlaced their fingers together.