♥ Devotion ♥

This topic is being discussed during our cell group by our cell leader Iya Aranda :)

♥ WHAT IS DEVOTION?

>> like prayer it is another way of our communication to GOD

>> the act of <devotion of time and energy>

>> prayer, worship, or other religious activities that are done in private rather than in a religious service

>> quiet time with the Lord

>> allotting time to meditate on His word and talk to Him in an in-depth prayer

♥ 7 IMPORTANCE OF DEVOTION

1. So that we may renew our mind.

- Romans 12:2 "And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God."

- The world will always try to contaminate our minds.

2. So that we may walk in a manner worthy of GOD

- 1 Thessalonians 2:12 "that you would walk worthy of God who calls you into His own kingdom and glory."

- You will see how. How you will prove it?

3. So that we may be prosperous & have a good success

- Joshua 1:8-9 "This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."

- Promises of GOD.

- good -> fulfillment

- Meditate day and night.

4. So that we may prioritize things with more value

- 1 Samuel 1:19 "Then they rose early in the morning and worshiped before the Lord, and returned and came to their house at Ramah. And Elkanah knew Hannah his wife, and the Lord remembered her. "

- Discernment - the ability to see what is right and wrong

5. So that we may be corrected through devotion

- Lamentations 3:27-28 "It is good for a man to bear the yoke in his youth. Let him sit alone and keep silent, Because God has laid it on him."

- to grow

6. So that we may have the same mind

- Philippians 2:2 "fulfill my joy by being like-minded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind."

- Being one with The One

- Break my heart LORD if it breaks yours.

7. So that we may offer a sacrifice

- Romans 12:1 "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service."

- Holy and pleasing to GOD

"Relationship is important to GOD, not the religion." (Communication)

In that relationship, changes takes place.

♥ HOW TO DO THE DEVOTION?

1. Be quiet. The way when you're waiting for GOD. Sit down and shut up!

2. Pray briefly. Opening prayer. Short. Ask Him to guide you and open your heart and mind.

3. Read scriptures slowly and surely. He speaks to you through His works and You speak to Him through your prayers.

4. Meditate. Fondle and pause.

5. Write down your discovery. Writing will enable us to remember what GOD needs us to know.

6. Pray again. Talk about what you learned and discovery to GOD. Tell Him your thoughts.