1.New school

“Oh, give me a hug baby”. Said my mom sadly, bringing me closer to her.

“Ma it’s just a new school! I will be fine, stop worrying about me.” I mumbled irritated from her over protecting actions.

“Honey, Lo is right. I’m sure she is going to be fine! Besides, she is such an outgoing girl”.

Ok, maybe I’ve been acting all cool around my parents but the truth is that I was really freaked out about the new school and new people stuff. And what if my first day in school was a disaster? Last thing I want now is end up eating all alone in a table with a hundred pair of eyes watching my moves.

Why can’t I just go back to my old school, with all my friends I’ve been known for like all my life and do my everyday things? Perfect now I miss my old life even more! Dad said that this moving was going to be the best thing ever happened to our family. He’s the only one who believes that so far..

“Okay ma, if you don’t let go I’m going to be late for the first day in school. And we don’t want that, do we?” I said while pushing her away gently. “Shall we go dad?”

“Of course sweetie, here’s your bag”. I grabbed my bag and put on my best fake smile while I made my way on car.

I could see my dad all nervous. I knew he wanted to say something, but every time he was about to say what he was thinking, he was reconsidering it and then nothing came out.

I turned my head looking out of the window, watching little kids running and some teens going by feet to school.

“Lo?” My dad have finally spoken making every thought I had in mind to disappear.

“Yeah dad?” I turned slowly my head over him so I can watch him. I now hoped he wasn’t going to make any questions about how I feel now that I’m going to be all alone in my school.

“I’m not going to make it. I won’t be able to come and pick you up from school later, I will have to stay late at work tonight”. Apparently he didn’t ask.

I sighed in his words. “It’s okay dad. I will probably call Max to pick me up, or maybe take the bus.”

“Don’t you remember sweetheart? He wants to move on his own.. He got this new job. He’s not going to make it either.”

“Right. I forgot about that”. I chuckled in my own words. “So I guess that leaves me the bus, right?”

“In case you don’t feel like walking today”. Yeah right. Like I was going to walk.

I’d prefer suffocate than make my way home by feet!

“Yeah, not going to happen dad”

“And, here we are baby”. He parked the car, and gave me a kiss on my cheek. “Have a nice day today, and make friends!”

“Thanks dad”. I got out of the car closing the door behind me. I was now standing in front of my new school thinking that maybe it’s not that bad that we moved. I sighed when I heard the bell and started walking fast so I wouldn’t be late.