15.Back to normal. Or not?

Why is Zayn trying to push me away? What have I done that would explain why he is mad at me?

I was trying to figure this mess out in my head on my way to school. It was raining but I didn’t really care about it, I was lost in my thoughts.

I thought that Harry’s actions were hard to understand but now I have to worry about Zayn too. I swear to God, these two are much more alike than they think.

I made my way to my locker to grab my stuff and went to class. I was thinking about a way to get back at Zayn. I thought he liked me, we went out a couple of times and he was really sweet. And suddenly, Zayn changed. I had to do something.

I spent the first two periods thinking. By lunch break I had figured this out. I knew what I had to do.

I got in the cafeteria and saw Zayn and Harry sitting at the same table. That was my chance, I knew I had to do this. But my hands were shaking, I didn’t even know what could have happened.

I walked towards their table in a very confident way, even though I was freaking out on the inside. Zayn saw me and an awkward smile appeared on his face. But I was determined not to talk to him, I knew that if I wanted my plan to work out I had to ignore him. So I looked at Harry, completely ignoring Zayn.

“Hey Harry! How are you?” I said in a cheerful tone, trying to be cool.

“Lo.. Hi!” he was acting weird.

“May I sit next to you?” I looked at him and sat right next to him without waiting for his answer.

“Sure..” He didn’t know what I was trying to do, and to be honest I didn’t either.

“So, I was thinking that I’m I little behind in Chemistry” I said and put my hand right above his.

“I would be so grateful if you could give me a hand. Please?” I added trying to put on my puppy face.

I could see that both Zayn and Harry were surprised by my new attitude. Especially Zayn who was staring at me speechless.

“Yeah sure Lo, anytime.” Harry decided to break the silence.

“Thanks, you’re such a sweetheart!” I said and kissed him in the cheek.

“Gotta go! Bye” I added.

“Bye Lo!” I heard Zayn’s voice. That was it, I had to do my act.

“Oh my God Zayn, sorry I didn’t say hi before but I totally forgot you were here” I said in the most convincing way I could and took off leaving both of them speechless.

I went over at our table where Sevi and Maria were sitting. Moments after I sat Nick and his pals joined us, as always.

“Lo, can I talk to you?” Maria said.

“Yeah sure” I stood up and sat in a different table.

“What’s wrong?” I asked her.

“You know, I wanted to thank you.. For backing me up in the whole Molly situation” she said and an honest smile appeared in her face.

“Oh come on. Besides I didn’t do it just for you. I can’t stand the fact that Harry is dating this skank.” I brought Molly’s face in my mind and I immediately felt sick in my stomach.