Where were you

Bitter laugher rings through my head, as I wonder what has happened to me. I worry so much about other people, that I hardly think about myself. Me. For once, how am I feeling, how much have I eaten today. Am I clean, am I ok, did I do the homework, am I prepared for my future, am I the one crying myself to sleep at night. I'm not being selfish, I'm only saying, even a simple "how are you" could be nice every once in a while. I have things I have to do. I have homework and I have studying for my SSAT 's to do, I have depression too you know, I'm anorexic too, I'm still back here in the darkness, and yet all I ever worry about is everyone else. Dragging you to class every morning, making sure you're eating, and biking to your house just so you can have tea, talking to you about your problems and begging you not to end your life. Begging you, pushing and shoving you into the light, and slowing the impact to send me flying, further and further away, until I'm surrounded only by darkness. Where were you when I held s knife in shaky hands? Where were you when I connected razor to skin, where were you when I needed to be dragged to class, when I needed my wrists checked and my diet checked, where were you when I fell back and landed on my ass?