A Step Into My Life

Stress. There's no escape. You've got 3 papers, a presentation, and an entire packet due tomorrow, not to mention you've got to study for exams soon. You stay up all night, working non-stop and trudging through classes the next day. You don't have time to smile, you don't have time to have fun, just work. They ask why you seem down, but you don't have time to be forced into the councilor's office again, so you smile and say "I'm just tired" again. You haven't talked to the few friends you have left in days, they're starting to get worried. But there's no time for that. You've been working and studying through meals but there's no escape from your plunging grades and deteriorating mental state. You rely on coffee to keep you alive and you suffer through each day with nothing to keep your spirits up but the music blasting through your headphones. You can feel your soul withering as you pass by the mirror to see a disgusting barely-living being that doesn't deserve to even exist at this point. You begin to wonder what the point of going through all this shit is, it's just slowly killing you. It's just reminding you how stupid, ugly, and useless you are. Its just reminding you of how everyone around you is so much better than you, prettier, skinnier, smarter, happier. What's the point, you ask yourself? You laugh and slice through your skin again. Oh but now you've wasted precious time yet again because you're just so god damn pathetic. But have you really wasted time? It's not waisting time if you've given up, after all. Just a little deeper and it can all end, you know. A little more blood and you don't have to worry about papers or exams or friends or expectations or college, just peace.