Chapter 1

What if I told you I’ve been keeping a secret for 16 years? 16 years of my life this has been a complete lie to all my friends, all the strangers, all of those who even glimpsed a simple hello.

16 years, 12th grade, 1 BIG secret.

My name is Addison Green. I have brown hair. green eyes.  5’3 tall. I’m just your average 16 year old, or so you think? I love my friends, my family and my dog; Bandit, but it’s just that something’s missing. It’s a piece of me, a piece of my life and all I wanted to do is it find it once again.

*Smash, Clash, Bang*

“Argh!” I groan “Not again!” My voice is muffled into the pillow, but I do not move an inch, I am too tired. I rest for a few more minutes but cannot fall back asleep from the noise; I glance to the alarm clock on my bedside table. 6:00 AM. No way. Nuh uh. That’s way too early to be up on a Saturday morning!

I roll off my bed and onto the floor, dragging my blanket with me; hey, I’m not a morning person Okay? I finally stumble to my feet, making my way down the stairs clumsily, only half paying attention so I don’t trip and land on my face.

I follow the noise to the kitchen. Food is splattered on the benches, floors and cupboards. In the middle of the destruction of the kitchen is my 6 year old sister, a pot in one hand and a pan in the other.

“Olive, what are you doing up so early?” I groan as she looks up at me with big green eyes, the same as mine. I love her more than anything, but its days like this, when she wakes me up at ungodly hours of the morning, when I want to strangle her. She shoots me an adorable toothy smile and focuses back on the disgusting looking thing she’s mixing in her bowl.

I make my way over to her; but the pot lying on the bench accidentally hits my hip and falls to the floor with a loud bang. I cringe, hoping that my parents didn’t hear the noise, I am afraid of what would go down if they did. They are about as lovely in the morning as I am. A few minutes pass and neither of them has appeared, I sigh in relief.

“Making breakfast!” she squeals and lets out an adorable giggle. Of course, just like me she has inherited the hunger trait that appears at every hour of the day. Well... not while sleeping, but I swear this one time she was fast asleep on the couch and I heard her say ‘burgers’. Her little face was drooling too. Yep, defiantly my sister.

“Here, let me do this. Go watch TV” She runs off squealing “But not too loud! Mummy and Daddy are still sleeping” I call after her small figure; I’m left standing in the kitchen surrounded by the huge mess she’s made. Yep, I defiantly won’t be getting anymore sleep today.

I manage to finish breakfast for Olive at 7:30, leaving some for mum because dad has already left for work at the hospital. The kitchen is now cleaned and I managed to get Olive back to sleep for a few more hours.

So I’m left with just me and Bandit sitting on the couch watching early morning cartoons. The phone rings, making me jump. I struggle up off the couch to answer it.

 “Hello?”

“Hello, is this Mrs Green?” 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VOTE AND COMMENT PLEASE! ^_^

 Editing done by the amazing Lauren! Go check her out: http://www.wattpad.com/user/Lauren781012