Chapter 8

WARNING *Not Edited*

“Wait, so she doesn’t know? Are you sure it was her? What’s her name?”

 “Addison… Addison Green.” 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I finally made it home just before 6 but that didn’t mean I wasn’t prepared for what was in store when I walked through the front door. Maybe I could get away with it if I sneak in and up the stairs? I thought wrong. I didn’t even get the chance to touch the doorknob because the door flew open and two very angry figures stood before me. I’m screwed…

“Addison Marie Green, you are in BIG trouble young lady!” My dad was furious as hell, it looked like he grew a few inches taller from the last time I saw him and so did my mum plus their hands crossed over their chests just made them 10x more scary.

“I can explain…” I really could but it’d just be a very long, unforgiving story and I would be grounded for life but either way I take it I’m still grounded till the day I die but even then my dad would have his ways of making my life hell when I’m in hell!

“Oh so you can explain? Then explain to your mother and I, where you have been for the past 24 hours huh? You had us worried sick, coming home and finding a note on the counter about you going to a party? Did you not get the calls and texts we sent you?” I looked down at my phone and noticed 24 missed calls and 13 text messages, how did I miss them? 

“Then Cara calls the house asking where you are? But we don’t know because you’re not here! It’s…” He looks down at his watch to check the time “6.27 P.M Addison! Where have you been?!”

Better start working on my will. To my little sister, I leave you all my teddy bears and my barbie doll collection, which I never let you play with. To my best friend Cara, I leave you all my clothes and that favourite perfume of mine you like, and to my loving parents everything els-

“ADDISON!” Both my parents said in unison. Damnit, Addie stop doing that.

“Sorry! Well… I was uhh… you see it’s actually quite a funny story… well there was this bo-.” I couldn’t finish my sentence, my mouth went dry, my palms started sweating it couldn’t be it just couldn’t.

“This who?”

“Oh no.”

“Addison? Hello?” I completely ignored my parents and walked straight through the hall to the kitchen to see Jared sitting at the dining table but it wasn’t just him he was with his parents and older brother too.

They were all dressed up in fancy clothes and there were wine glasses, plates and food covering the entire table. The second I entered the kitchen all eyes were on me but I didn’t even acknowledge the other three because my eyes were locked on Jared’s and only his.

They were filled with surprise, regret, sadness and forgiveness, I couldn’t handle them all and looked down at the floor and soon enough my parents walked in, giving me disapproving looks that was until they saw how upset I was as my father placed a hand on my back. I slowly lifted my head to see both my parents give me a look to say that we would finish the discussion later, which I was grateful for.

“Well sorry about the wait but this is our daughter, Addison.” Both of Jared’s parents stood up and walked over to the three of us but had both their eyes on me sending a warm smile, which I returned.

“It’s very nice to meet you Addison, my name’s Michelle and this is my husband, John. I hear you go to school with Jared?” I took a quick glimpse at Jared but he looked away, making it my queue as well and I slowly nodded my head.