Chapter 3

Re-cap:

When we finally reached the shops, Cara parked the car and we hopped out starting to walk to the front entrance. The second we entered my eyes went wide as realisation hit me of who I noticed sitting at the benches with his group of friends. No...Not today, any day but today!

Cara saw my face and followed the direction of my eyes. The second they landed on him she just gave me the biggest smirk and I knew I wasn't getting out of this one alive. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Don't even think about it Cara!" I glare at her while she is still wearing that ridiculous smirk on her face.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." She says acting all innocent like nothing is going to happen, which I know something is and of course it is going to involve me and Jared Kennedy.

Jared Kennedy.... 6'5 tall, brown hair & blue eyes, amazing body & a gorgeous smile.

The guy who I've had a crush on since he came to the school in grade 5. But the guy I fell in love with at first was a cute little chubby kid who had no care in the world, great at his school work and was friendly but also shy.

But now that we've gotten older he's changed, I mean he's still sweet and all, but once he's around his friends he's... different. Known as the hottest guy in the grade that's a fact, still gets good grades but not as they were before. 

Just because he changed doesn't mean I haven't....

Ok I still have my old personality but back then I wasn't known as "girlfriend material" more like the friendzone freak. I wasn't exactly in the chubby category but a little higher than that; I dreaded waking up every day scared of what the day would bring me.

I was very lucky to be privileged to go to a school where I was never bullied but that didn't mean I got insecure at times it still happens till this day sometimes, apart from when I got letters from him his letter's always brighten up my day every time the new month came I would always wait by the mailbox for his letters, the letters that were the only way of communicate between us. *Heads up the letters are not from Jared*

Oh no, I can’t believe I forgot today was the start of the new month, that means his letter would be here and I completely forgot walking past the mailbox this morning because I was distracting by that boy.

That boy….

I still can’t grasp why he was standing outside my house but whatever he was doing I hope he’s long gone when I get back, though he did look pretty cute if I do say so myself.

I suddenly started grinning like the Cheshire cat and Cara just looked at me like how-am-I-friends-with-you? Which she obviously knew the answer too.

Before I could say anything she grabbed my wrist and started dragging me over to the bench where Jared and his friends were, I kept hitting her arm to let go but nothing worked not even my protests, but when she finally let go I was standing right in front of Jared.

“Hello boys, what have you been up to?” Cara said she is way more confident than me I don’t even know how she does it but the second the words came out of her mouth all eyes were on us and especially Jared’s.

“Hey girls, nothing much just hanging around. Are you going to Tyler’s party tonight?” I turned my head to see a blonde hair, blue eyes boy looking at Cara and me.

 I recognised him as Jared’s best friend Luke, he had the same built body as Jared but one of the things that made girls fall for him a little more was because he was British and that meant an accent. A single word out of his mouth was like heaven to a girl’s ears, trust me I’ve fallen for it at times just like the others and plus… wait.