Chapter 2

Re-cap:

It’s was almost 7.30 but I managed to make Olive breakfast and some leftovers for mum (dad had already left for work, he’s a doctor), clean the kitchen plus managed to get Olive back to sleep for another few hours. So now it was just me and Bandit sitting on the couch watching early morning cartoons, I had no idea what was on but somehow seemed interesting.

Just then the phone rang; I got up off the couch and picked it up to answer.

“Hello?”

“Hello, is this Mrs Green?”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

 “No sorry this is her daughter.”

“Oh, well May I please speak to one of your parents?”

“My dad’s at work and mum’s still sleeping, can I leave a message?”

“Just tell them that Caroline called to say everything is all set. Thank you, bye!” She hangs up before I can even answer.

Who the hell is Caroline? What does she mean by all set, all set for what? A holiday? A business trip? What is she on about? Whatever it is, only my parents know about it, and sooner or later, I will too.

I quickly scribble down the message on a notepad next to the phone to make sure that I don’t forget about it, even though I’m confused and curious, I know that it’s none of my business to ask unless they wanted to tell me in the first place. So I just leave it alone, for now.

I decide to go outside for a light morning jog to help get my blood pumping, I change into my favourite black yoga pants and a tank top before skipping downstairs, grabbing my old sneakers and walk out the front door.

I take a seat on the front steps of my house and slide my shoes on. Something catches my attention out of the corner of my eye, a flash of a light. I look over to my right and see a silver watch, connected to a body, connected to a head with eyes staring right at me.

I stand up with eyes still on me, I am clueless whether or not I should say something so I quickly look down at my feet and run out of the gate and in the opposite direction in a jog.

I can feel his eyes burning into my back, watching me as I run down the street. I risk one last glance at him, he catches my look and his lips turn up into a smile. My face pulls into a smile that I cannot resist and I feel like it has connected us somehow.

I look away first and kept on running. Today had just gotten more confusing and crazy; I definitely need to get out of the house tonight.

After about an hour of running and just wondering around, I decided that it was time to go home. I walk through the front door to be greeted to the warm scent of chocolate chip cookies, guess mum's baking... Yum!

I walk into the kitchen and spot the plate of cookies on the counter with steam raising right off them. As I sat down next to the plate I noticed a note under it, I pulled it out and recognised it was from mum:

Hello Darling,

I noticed you weren't home when I woke up and thought you must have gone out. I baked some of your favourite cookies and also noticed the note by the phone; I'll sort it out later when I get home tonight. I dropped Olive at a friend's house for a sleepover and went out for the day with friends. I'll be home later tonight.

Love you xxx

Guess I'm home by myself for the day; maybe I'll call Cara to come over to keep me company. I grab my phone out of my pocket and scrolled down my contacts list until I find her name: Hottest Babe Out (You should see my name in her phone)

Me: Heyy Cara, Wanna come over for the day I'm stuck at home by myself! :)

Cara: Sure! I'll be over in 20 mins xx

Me: Great! See you then xo

I leave my phone on the kitchen counter and walk upstairs to my room; I grab some fresh clothes and jump into the hot shower. When I’m done, I shut off the water and put on my favourite clothes. Which are my black skinny jeans and my white tank top; I chuck my white knitted cardigan over the top.

My cross necklace hangs from my neck as I place my gold and white flower ring on my finger. I don’t usually wear make-up, but sometimes, on special occasions I put some on. Even then my attempt is lazy, just a smear of lip gloss and a coating of mascara. Finally done, I head downstairs with my black bag slung over my shoulder.

I find my black converse shoes and I am in the middle of putting them on when the doorbell rings, I stumble to the door with my untied shoelaces flopping around my feet. I nearly trip, but regain my balance.

 Upon opening the door wide, a girl about the same height as me, with black hair and big brown eyes stands with a big smile plastered to her face. Yep, that’s Cara, always bubble and happy. She could brighten anybody’s day with a simple smile.

"Well hello bestie!" See, right on queue. Now my smile was a mirror of hers.

"Well hello to you!" I squeal giving her a quick hug.

"Ready to go?"

"Yep just give me a sec."

I run back to the kitchen to grab my phone and the spare house keys before going back to the front door and locking it. We walked over to Cara's car and I hop into the passenger seat while she buckled herself into the driving seat.

 Cara may be my best friend but she's a year older than me, it's because she's South African and was kept down for I don't know what it is it's to do with speaking English or something. But that doesn't matter because the second we saw each other on the first day of grade 1 it was fate that knew we were going to be the best of friends (Ironic? I know...)

 I haven't exactly gotten my Learner's yet because well my parent's are too busy so I never got the time to learn or go for the test but my birthday isn't in 2 weeks so hopefully I can get them before then, 16 turning 17 how the years fly by. 

In the end we decided to just go to the mall and look around; at least it was something to do. We finally reach the shops, Cara parks the car and we hop out together, walking towards the front entrance. My eyes go wide as I realise who is sitting at the benches in a large group of his friends. No... Not today! Any day but today!

Cara follows my gaze, the second they land on him, a big smirk spreads across her face and I know that I am not going to get out of this one alive.

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VOTE AND COMMENT PLEASE! ^_^

 Editing done by the amazing Lauren! Go check her out: http://www.wattpad.com/user/Lauren781012