Ancient Blood Chapter 5

Vaclav walked down the dark street, which was lit only by street lamps, and a few neon signs of various clubs, and bars. He always liked walking at night. Something about the darkness was just so... peaceful. Even before he was turned by the woman he had tried to help that night, he had found tranquility in the night.

"Alina loved the night as well" Vaclav said to himself. He suddenly remembered the night he and Alina had... what was it the mortals called it these days? Dating?

Vaclav wasn't sure. In any case, he remembered her. He also remembered how she had reacted when he told her his vampiric secret. Such a painful memory

Suddenly, Vaclav felt a presence. He whirled around to see a teenage girl staring at him.

She was dressed strangely. She looked to wear, an almost gothic attire. Although she seemed human, Vaclav could sense that something about her was not. She walked in the shadow of death.

Vaclav slowly approached her, as she slowly backed away from him.

"Don't be afraid. I will not hurt you" Vaclav said calmly. The girl stopped and looked away from him. When he reached her, he stared for a while. There was no doubt in his mind that this girl was not what she appeared to be.

Slowly, she rose her head to look at him. She was deathly pale with deep red eyes. Vaclav was shocked. Could she be?

"Are you a child of the night? Are you a vampire?" Vaclav inquired carefully. The girl slowly nodded and started to back away again. "Don't kill me" she pleaded. "Why would I kill my own kind?" Vaclav replied with a smile, showing his fangs.

The girl once again stopped and stared in awe. Vaclav slowly approached once more.

"I'm Vaclav Anghel" Vaclav said holding out his hand to the girl. "Luna" the girl said softly as she shook Vaclav's hand.

Thinking for a moment, Vaclav wondered about her. "Are you out feeding tonight?" He asked. Luna shook her head side to side. "I was bitten a few days ago. I literally just discovered what I am" she said.

Now Vaclav was worried. He couldn't just leave a fresh vampiress without teaching her at least something. What if she was caught feeding and didn't know how to escape. Or worse, what if she chose the wrong prey?

"Come with me. I can show you some things" Vaclav said. The girl stared off to the distance for a long while. Finally, she nodded, and followed Vaclav into the darkness of the night.