Ancient Blood Chapter 4

A man sat at a desk, his eyes focused on the TV in front of him. "The body has been Identified as that of Camryn Fitzgerald. Medical Personal are unsure of the cause of death, as she was found completely drained of all blood"

The news reporter, went on about the murder. The man watching suddenly turned to another man, his face hidden by his hood, and stared. "You never cease to amaze me Vaclav. Tell me, why did you um... why did you turn her into a crab?" The man said. Vaclav simply shrugged. "I was hungry".

"Even so you did well. Here is your payment" The man said, handing Vaclav a stack of twelve one-hundred dollar bills. "So, what do you say? You want to work for me?" The man said giving Vaclav a reassuring smile. "Sure, why not? Besides, it's hard getting contracts on my own" Vaclav said as he sat down across from the man.

"Good, good" The man said. "Hey Vaclav? You ok?" The man said, noticing the uneasy look on Vaclav's face. "Yes, I am quite alright. I just have alot on my mind right now, Vinnie" Vaclav said.

"Oh, well whats wrong?" Vinnie said, now interested, partly because he couldn't have his best employee's mind clouded, and partly because he was wondering what problems a centuries old vampire could possibly have. "I was attacked by a guy in the street" Vaclav said. Vinnie shrugged. "We live in New York, and your an assassin. I'd be surprised if a single day went buy without someone trying to gut you".

Vaclav gave Vinnie a dirty look. "He had a crossbow and was wearing this" Vaclav said holding out the ring he had saved from the encounter. Vinnie examined the ring with the utmost interest. 

"Doesn't look like anything you could get at a jewelry store. Or even a pawn shop for that matter" Vinnie said, twisting the ring in his hands. "Hey look Vaclav. If it'll make you feel any better, i'll do some research on this. I'v got a guy who does all that stuff."

"That would be nice. I appreciate it, my friend" Vaclav said standing up. "Sheesh, would you cut that out? I undertstand the accent, but all that old english talk is a little too much." Vinnie said shaking Vaclav's hand.  With that, Vaclav walked out of the door to the office, out of the restaurant, and into the cold night air.