Part - 5

Serena's POV

He left!

Rajesh left me.

I made him leave me. It's over. The only person I learned to believe in after that horrific chapter of my life is out of it now.

I never felt safe with any person after what Sid did to me. It was only Rajesh on whom I could rely on. Whom I could trust completely. Whom I could be the way I am. But now everything will be changing. I am losing him too.

I am like a lost puppy on a rainy day who is drenched as hell and roaming the unknown cities and streets. I am alone again. And I will be always. The thought of it itself makes me loathe myself. I am a lost cause. I just don't need to survive, but I will.

I will keep my promise to Rajesh. I will show Sid that I am not that weak to take my life away. I will not attempt to this abominable act again. I will stay strong.

"You can leave now madam. Is there anyone who can help you with?" the nurse asked me handing over the bundle of bills and hospital reports.

"No." I just shook my head. "I can manage." I assured her.

She hesitated for a moment and handed me the bag of clothes, which Rajesh might have brought. "Thank you!" I gave a small smile to her and proceeded on my way out.

I have to face the world. I should be bold and face the most terrific person who wants to destroy me. Who wants me to be his against my wish.

I reached home and fished for the keys from the bag handed by the nurse and opened the main door. The house was so calm. Very silent. I slowly entered it one step after another. My heart beat increased its pace. I dropped the bag on the floor and proceeded towards the kitchen.

Everything was well placed. Nothing is disturbed. Untouched!

I slowly walked towards kitchen. Coming into the sight of the kitchen entrance was terrific, foot prints of blood, pool of blood. The sight itself was terrifying.

Memories started to flood in my mind about yesterday night. I never thought i can be this coward to take away my own life. I never thought i would want to end my life for this silly problem. My parents never brought me up this weak but his love has made me a weak person. His love has made me do things which I could never think of doing. Things which were against my own set of rules my parents taught.

I have disgraced them. I tore them apart for my happiness which only short lived.

I faced many big problems boldly without any kind of hitch in my road. Those were dreadful days. I slowly caressed my stomach. So many broken memories flashed in my mind. I felt my hands tremble with the thoughts running in my mind.

I quickly shook my head reaching for the mop and cleaned off the bloody floor.

I never thought i will lose it, but i did, which was the hardest time i ever faced in my life. Even after Sid left me all alone, I thought our reminder of love which is growing inside me would be there to accompany in my hard time and support me.

But i never thought that every dream and hope which started to root up in me will be pulled out along with its traces out of me. Every dream got shattered. Thoughts started to run in my mind, trying to feel something which i lost and may be never will have it in the future. My baby.

I was so lost in my thoughts that i never felt my tears flowing on my face. I vigorously started to rub them off when i heard the doorbell ring.

Who could be at this moment and that too to my house?