Life As Lorraine

The tears stream slowly down my face... 'I hate this! I hate it! I look out the window at the pond in my backyard. It was peaceful... but I was always alone. I basically lived in this house rent free. I just hope...

BOOM! CRASH! "WHERE ARE YOU?!" My head turned towards the door as my ears listened. "LORRAINE! WHERE ARE YOU? YOU FUCKING SLUT!" BOOM! CRASH! I jumped up and grabbed the bag off my bed and rushed towards the window. "I KNOW YOU HEAR ME YOU LITTLE WHORE!" THUMP! THUMP! THUMP! THUMP! He's running up the stairs. I was so scared, but right now I had to focus on what I was doing.

I forced open my window to crack the screen out and then I jumped out just as my door swung open. I landed feelings my knees and ankles crack from the pressure then I tried to regain my balance. As soon as I did I looked up and see my father standing yelling out the window with a bottle in his hand. "GET BACK UP HEERE YOOU FUCCKING WHORE!" he said slurring his words. I shook my head, he's a drunken mess. I walked off and crossed the street. "GET BACK HERE!! I KNOW YOU HEAR ME!" I gave him the middle finger and walked to the park 3 blocks down. My mom left us about 4 years ago. It's been real hard on dad since then. I don't know what I'm gonna do but I'm gonna have to do something. Maybe I should report him... maybe I shouldn't I don't know what to do. Life is just so very confusing right now. But at least I'm almost out maybe I should report him so I could live there by myself. It is worth a try... but enough of him, there are people at the park and I shouldn't look so worried. There are already enough rumors spreading about me anyways.