Sixteen.

I drove myself to a beauty parlour Pattie had asked me to meet her at. It was a beautiful sunny day and I was dressed in a black and white high waist pencil skirt, a matching short sleeve crop-top and black platform heels. My hair was up in a bun and, I also had on a pair of designer sunglasses to complete the look.

I was actually proud of myself for having gotten the hang of this fashion thing over the months. I now understood how important image was, especially for people like Justin, being world respected businessmen and all of that. It has also finally kicked into my system that he and I were soon to be wed. I couldn't wait. In the meantime, getting my mind off the stress of the adoption was my first priority and I was happy Pattie was doing this for me.

Justin had to stay in and work for a bit. He'd be going out for lunch and golf with a new client too.

When I walked into the salon, Pattie and Aisha were sitting on a couch at the window, sipping on pink champagne while looking through a magazine together.

'Fancy.'

"Hi." I sang, walking to the two ladies.

Aisha was quick to get up and greet me with a tight hug.

"Every time I see you, you look more and more beautiful." She smiled at me, looking me up and down after we finished hugging.

"Thank you, Aisha." I blushed. "You're rubbing off on me." I winked.

She dramatically flipped her loosly curled hair and puckered up her lips.

I giggled then went to hug Pattie.

"How are you doing?" Aisha asked me. "Pattie told me about the social worker popping in and all of that."

"I'm okay. Nervous, mostly. But I'm fine." I sat in a single seater sofa just next to Pattie and Aisha's couch.

"Hopefully today gets your mind off things. You're going to go home feeling as light as a feather." Pattie smiled.

Aisha called a young lady and asked her to bring me some champagne too.

Before today, I had no idea salons served drinks. Where I grew up, when you went to do your hair, yoh never even got offered a glass of water.

"Thank you." I smiled at the lady when she served me my drink.

"Damn, I can't get over the beauty of that rock." Aisha said when I held my glass to my lips with my left hand.

"I'm so excited to have you as part of our family officially." Pattie smiled. "It's all so exciting."

"Have you and Justin decided on a theme, date and location?" Aisha asked.

"All I know is that II'd like a fairytale theme and a summer wedding." I said.

"Ooh is it outdoors?" Aisha's face lit up.

I giggled.

"Hey, I don't know yet." I said.

"Well, later on, we can look up locations while we eat." Pattie smiled.

"Mrs Harrison?" A gay man approached us.

"Yes?" Pattie looked at him.

"Your appointment. We're ready to help you." He smiled.

He had great teeth, I noticed. He was clean shaven, had blonde hair styled in a quiff and a pastel pink shirt on along with black tight pants and black dress shoes.

"Finally." Aisha got up and finished her drink.

"Would you lovely ladies like refills?" The man asked.