Chapter 7

3rd Person POV

Natasha walked slowly along the small road between the houses looking for any sign of anything so were Steve and Clint, but with no luck in their search they decided to meet up and think of a new strategy.

"So nothing" Steve said frustratingly, "seems like it" Natasha responded. "Right, let's get back to the quinjet and think of a new plan" he said.

A loud engine roared in the sky, the three avengers looked up to see an unmarked plane flying above them, they took cover, Pieces of paper flew to the ground, it covered the whole street, the plane passed them and flew away from them.

Natasha walked over to the scattered pieces of paper and picked a page up as did Steve and Clint. Written on the page in red wrote 'you will have to try better' in Russian, Natasha tore it in anger.

Steve and Clint looked over at Natasha, "what does this mean?" Asked a confused Steve, "it means they knew we were coming, dammit" Natasha responded in a frustrated tone.

Natasha kicked the pieces of paper away. At the end of the street stood a little girl. Natasha saw her and soon Steve and Clint followed her gaze to see the little girl.

Steve was walking towards her but Natasha stopped him, "It might be a trap" she said, "Nat might be right" Clint said, they all contemplated their next move, the little girl walked towards them, "help me" (Russian) the little girl said shyly in Russian.

"What is it?" (Russian) Natasha asked, the little girl walked closer towards them, Steve and Clint looked at each other in confusion while Natasha looked at her inquisitively. "I can't find my parents anywhere"(Russian) the little girl responded, "where did you last see them?" (Russian) Natasha asked.

The little girl pointed behind her towards a building that was badly burned, "can you show me?" (Russian) Natasha asked, and the girl nodded, she walked and Natasha signaled for Steve and Clint to follow, they walked towards the run down building and stood in front of it.

"Natasha, what is this place?" Steve whispered to Natasha, she shrugged, "my parents died here when I was five in a house fire and I was sent to the Red Room to become a black widow" (Russian) said the little girl, but it didn't make sense to Natasha until it hit her.

She was talking about her, the little girl was talking about Natasha, "how did you know that" (Russian)Natasha asked terrified of the response, "he told me" she replied, Natasha was confused less confused than Steve and Clint who did not know what was going on.

"Who?"(Russian) Natasha barked. The little girl smiled, it was not one of those nice smiles it was a scary smile. "Ivan Petrovich" she said, she fell to the ground suddenly, Steve and Clint walked to the little girl to see if she was okay.

Her pulse was faint, she had an communicator in her ear. Natasha stood there petrified, unable to move she looked at the house. Steve and Clint were talking, "we need medical attention Stark, emergency evac" said Steve into his ear piece.

"On our way" Tony said through the ear piece. "What was she saying Nat?" Clint asked, Natasha opened her mouth but nothing came out, Steve saw her distress and got up and went over to her, "Nat, what's wrong?" Steve asked sincerely.

"N..nothing" Natasha stuttered, she looked at the girl while Clint was rechecking her vitals, the quinjet soon arrived. Clint picked up the girl, Tony and Bruce came rushing out and helped Clint get her inside the quinjet where she received medical treatment.

Natasha and Steve trailed behind, slowly walking when Steve grabbed Natasha's arm and she half spun to face Steve, she looked annoyed and full of fear.

"Natasha what is going on?" Steve asked concerned for her. "What do you want from me Rogers?" She responded bitterly, "the truth" Steve stated, "there is a chance you might be in the wrong business" Natasha said sarcastically. She tried to remove her arm from his grip, but it was strong.

She looked at him with an annoyed face, Steve knew she was frustrated with the questions and there was no point trying to ask anymore questions. Steve released her arm and looked at her in her eyes was fear something Steve never saw in the red headed assassin, he was scared for her and he didn't know what to do to help her.

He couldn't find and help Bucky, he couldn't comfort and help Natasha it was like he was failing everyone he cared and kept close to his heart. Natasha wanted to open up, she wanted to tell Steve everything, but she couldn't, she was afraid of what he might've thought of her after she told him of her time in the Red room.

The question was if she was ready to open up to someone, to let someone in and understand her as Clint never would.

Please tell me if this sucks or not, I promise more Romanogers to come. Hope it is not too fluffy and out of character. Vote, comment please. Feedback is most definitely welcome and needed.