Chapter Two- Adam

My eyes twitched. I had this annoying itch that just wouldn't go away, and honestly, it was bugging the crap out of me.

I had football practice after school, and I was seriously in no mood to be hanging out with my immature teammates after such a long and wretched day. I had just gotten through work and came back to find out that I had a project due next class for History. Damn, my roommate's going to hate me for pulling another all-nighter. I sighed, heading to the field where the coach was b*tching at the team to move their lazy a$$es. 

God, the coach was just as annoying as the itch that was now spreading over my skin and making me itchy all over. The feeling was driving me crazy. It felt like ants were crawling on every inch of my body. I scratched at my arms, but doing that just made it worse. I tried to ignore the feeling, but the exercises were making my skin more irritated. The running only helped for a few minutes. I tried to make myself out of breath so I could just focus on trying to regain my energy, but the prickling sensation on my skin still wouldn't go away.  

I heard some of my teammates snickering in the background, and I had a sinking feeling it had to do with them. I didn't think too hard about it since I wouldn't be able to prove it. I couldn't leave the field because the coach would probably consider kicking me off the team if I did. I just couldn't risk it; my mom already works hard enough to make ends meet. I need this sport for my scholarship. I won't let her do more for me than she already does. I groaned  but sucked it up. I just needed to get through the day. I can do this for just a few more hours and then it'll be over.

The coach called me over to the field, and I immediately knew that something bad was going to happen. My heart dropped when he called my name. It was usually never good when the coach calls your name. 

"ADAM, GET YOUR  A$$ OVER HERE!!!" the coach yelled.

I sprinted towards the coach trying to resist the urge to scratch all over my body and keep my composure.

"GIVE ME 50 BURPEES AND 5 LAPS AROUND THE FIELD!!!!!!!" I could feel the spit shower on me as the coach yelled. His face was so red that it put tomatoes to shame. I hurried and dropped to the ground before he exploded. The more burpees I did, the stronger the urge to scratch was. 

"HURRY UP MY DEAD GRANDMA IS FASTER THAN YOU!!!!!" the coach shouted. He looked like his veins were about to pop out. I finally manage to finish all 50 burpees. I  scratched my shoulder, thinking that would make it go away, but it just made it even worse.

I started to sprint around field. I felt like I needed to scratch all the skin off my body. As I finished my first lap around the field the urge became unbearable. I dropped to the ground and rolled like my life depended on it .

"ADAM, WHAT HELL ARE YOU DOING?!" the coach yelled at the top of his lungs. Everyone stopped what they were doing and stared at me. 

"ADAM, ROLL YOUR A$$ TO THE PRINCIPLE'S OFFICE AND STOP MAKING A FOOL OF YOURSELF AT MY PRACTICE.THIS TEAM ONLY HAS ROOM FOR WINNERS," the coach said angrily. Everyone started to laugh, but at this point I didn't give flying f*ck anymore. 

I stood up and walked off the field. "DON'T EXPECT TO COME BACK TO PRACTICE AFTER WHAT HAPPENED," the coach shouted as I reached the doors to the locker room and closed the door behind me.