Chapter Four- Jamie

"What have I ever done to deserve this..."

I looked down at the note that I held in my shaking hand. I looked back into my hollow gym locker with a horrified expression. I took another look toward the "lovely" note that was left for me:

Dear freshman prez,

U are a dork.. and fat... sooo yeah... anyways

if u want ur clothes back then u have too follow these

directions while running around skool naked lol

1) ur pants is at the cafe

2) ur shirt is in the lady teacher bathroom

Blah, blah, blah was all that I was reading from the note (other than the horrible grammar). I slowly looked toward my locker again with a horrified expression. I could already feel the tears flowing down my cheeks. All my life, I tried to do what was right such as helping others, saving cats from trees, and even getting good grades. I go to the soup kitchen every Sunday, I am the president of the Freshman division and even the Key Club's president as well. Whenever someone needed help I was always there even if you were a complete stranger (never take candy from strangers, kids). The people around say that I was the type of guy to do everything right! Yet this happened to me. As I looked back down at the note, I broke down into a pitiful sob. All the while a bunch of older kids were chuckling in the background and snapping their towels at each other... (wait....what??)

I slowly walked out of the gym, feeling like a scared animal that was about to be jumped by a predator any moment. The hallways were empty right now due to lunch time, and for once I felt thankful about a teenager's obsession with food.  But then I could hear the faint sound of ringing for lunch to end. Boy, am I dead.

I sprinted down the hallway trying to avoid being seen by everyone. I have literally never ran this fast in my entire existence. As I turned the corner, I was running so fast that I didn't notice the person that was just turning and crashed into him full force, nearly causing my towel to fall off.  I felt my face begin to go red.

"I-I-I'm s-so sorry!!!!!" I began to stutter.

"Naw, dude it's alright," he replied calmly. I looked up to see his face and noticed that he had hazel-green eyes. He steadied my clumsy balance by grabbing my shoulders; he was tanned and had a chilled expression on his face. 

"T-thank you!!"

"No prob, duuude...!???." He finally looked down to see that I was only wearing only a towel. "Uhhhh, was I interrupting something?"   

"N-no!! I-I mean that I got pranked by..." I looked down because the tears threatened to resurface again.

"W-whoa, dude!! Are you alright??"

The nice guy shifted uncomfortably in his shoes and he started to take off his jacket. 

"Uh... Here, man..." 

I blinked back in surprise. "O-oh no! It's alright you don't have to-" 

"No, it's fine just take it. You need it more than me."

I stuttered, but I took the jacket anyways. "Thanks," I whispered and I sprinted off, only to turn back and ask for his name.

"It's Zander, and uh, good luck on your prank thingy," he smirked. As he turned around, I noticed a  sign that said, 'KICK ME PLZ', on his (how do I say this nicely?)....Behind?

"Um, Zander?"

"Yeah, man?"

"You have a kick me sign on your behind...." 

Zander's eyes went wide as he twisted his body to look at the sign, and ripped it off from behind him. He was about to say thank you, but I turned at my heel and ran toward one of my destinations.

I looked down at the note again as I ran through the hallway. I needed to prioritize what piece of clothing I needed to get first. The pants in the cafeteria? Nope, too many kids. My shirt in the Lady's restroom? Nope, scared of girls. Which only left....

My underwear...  (Dun dun dun!)

I squinted my eyes as I stared toward the tip of the flag pole. There it was, in all of its polka dot printed glory. I could have almost cried at its majestic twirls in the wind, but alas I am half-naked and cold. I peeked around my shoulder to see if anyone followed me and thankfully nobody was there. I breathed a sigh of relief as I approached the base of the flag pole. In the past I have raised and lowered the flag on many occasions. Morning assembly, special events, and shaking the president's hand. (Ok the last one was a lie, but hey, a guy can dream) 

I quickly went to work as I cranked the rope down. The pole made a painfully loud screeching noise with each crank. I began to hear the chatter a footsteps of moody high school teenagers through the hallways. Beads of sweat ran down my forehead as I tried to crank the pole even harder. My underwear was getting close, only half way there! Closer.........Closer.....Closer... Gotcha!! I was about to grab my underwear when all of the sudden...

"MR. SANCHEZ!!"

I whipped my head to see my counselor Mrs. Sunflower with a sour look on her face. Despite having the nave Sunflower, she was a very grumpy women...and scary.

"M-mrs. Sunflower!?? W-why I didn't see you-" 

"TOO THE PRINCIPAL'S OFFICE!!!" 

"B-but.."

"NOW" 

My tears began to cloud my vision as my cheeks began to burn. I grabbed my underwear and hung my head down in shame. I felt totally and utterly destroyed; I looked toward Mrs. Sunflower for some type of sympathy, but I received nothing. As I entered the school, I could distinctly hear the laughter of a couple of kids. I refused to look up in case of being laughed at even more, but the sound of their laughter sounded familiar. I thought back to the senors whipping each other with their towels and I shuddered. They can't get away with this, they just can't!! Or can they? I shook my head and blushed even harder as some of the kids chuckled at my silly attire.  Finally I came upon the principal's office, I knocked on the door and a women's voice answered. I took a deep breath and opened the door. I hope there is a fair sense of justice in this school or I'm going to be in deep trouble...