Chapter 10

I woke up to the sound of the shower in the bathroom. The TV was on in the other room, so the guys must've been down there. I ended up showering after Lachlan and I's night.
"Fortesia!" Mitch screamed from upstairs. He drew out the "a" and elephant stomped down the stairs. I got out of bed and ran in in my tank top and minion shorts.
"What?" I yelled back across from him. He was so excited. He showed me his phone screen on a video that was titled "Wicked Games- covered by Fortesia." I looked at the views. There was over 15,000. "Who recorded this?" I asked.
"Me!" Mitch said proudly.
"What does this mean?" I asked.
"Well. Now you have 1,000 subscribers on this channel I made for you. You're practically famous!" He replied.
"My girlfriend is famous?" Lachlan said behind me. I smiled wide at him. He returned it and rushed and picked me up and spun me around. "We're relationship goals." He said. I was blushing from smiling so much so I nodded.
"You should go on The Voice!" Jerome suggested. Everyone agreed. I was gonna need a clean song. I rushed to Lachlan's room, which is practically mine too now, and cleaned myself up. I set up Lachlan's webcam and put the song on my phone and hit record.

"Hi. Um, I'm Fortesia from YouTube. And this is my cover of Real Life by The Weeknd." I pressed play on my phone.

Tell 'em this girl wasn't meant for lovin'
Tell 'em this heart doesn't stay to one
I'll be the same, never changed for nothin'
It's all I know, never learned much more

Mama called me destructive, oh yeah
Said it'd ruin me one day, yeah
Cause every man that loved me, oh yeah
I seemed to push them away

That's real life, oh oh oh
Real life, ooh
Mama talking that real life, oh oh oh
That real life, real life, real life, real life

I know you don't really understand it
I'm not allowed to regret my choice
I heard that love is a risk worth taking
I wouldn't know, never met that boy

Mama called me destructive, oh yeah
Said it'd ruin me one day, yeah
Cause every man that loved me, oh yeah
I seemed to push them away

That's real life, oh oh oh
Real life, ooh
Mama talking that real life, oh oh oh
That real life, real life, real life, real life

Heaven only lets a few in
It's too late for me to choose it
Don't waste precious tears on me, I'm not worth the misery
I'm better off when I'm alone

That's real life, oh oh oh
Real life, ooh
Mama talking that real life, oh oh oh
That real life, real life, real life, real life
That's real life, oh oh oh
Real life, ooh
Mama talking that real life, oh oh oh
That real life, real life, real life, real life

I held and graced the last note just to show off before hitting the stop recording button. I sent the video in an email to whoever was in charge. I opened the door and the guys stepped away from the door way like they were never there.
"You guys suck." I joked and walked by, plopping myself on the couch and taking the remote. Lachlan came over and laid on me, holding me tight and kissing my face. I giggled.
"You're so amazing." He said and cuddled me.
"I know." I joked. I just sat there with him on me, briefly thinking how lucky I was to have him as a fan and a boyfriend.

A few hours later, I heard the email notification go off on my phone in the other room. I bolted out of Lachlan's grip and unlocked my phone.

"Dear Fortesia,
We are thrilled to say that we would love you on the show. Blind auditions start in 2 weeks. See you there.
-Carson Daily"

The email had the address attached. So many thoughts ran through my head
Wow that was fast
Holy shit I made it!
Carson fucking Daily
I'm gonna see Adam Levine's beautiful man face.