Chapter 3

~*Ellie's POV*~

I woke up the next morning tucked in with yesterday's clothes on. I felt gross, so I decided to hop in the shower. Finishing what I had to do, I walked out with a wet messy bun and one of Mitch's shirts that were too big on me. I stretched as I stepped out of the room. Lachlan was on the couch, hiding a side of his face with his hand.
"What?" I asked. He turned his head, hand still shielding, and he looked me up and down with a 'you know what' face.
"Uh... Nice purple panties." He said. I blushed deeply and went to get shorts on. I walked back out.
"Better?" I asked.
"Much." He replied. I took a seat next to him. He was watching Spongebob.
"Really?" I laughed.
"You're never too old for Spongebob!" He argued in his cute Aussie accent. Wait... Did I just say cute? No Ellie. Stop.
I sat with my knees up, hugging my legs, and watched an hour of Spongebob with Lachlan. Mitch was the next to get up and pour his coffee. He took a sip and made a face.
"Room temperature." He said in disgust.
"Get up earlier and it'll hawt n' shpicy for you Mitchell." I stuck my tongue out at him. He returned it. I was already feeling a lot better about the situation. Ryan and Jerome came out of their own rooms after Mitch and mine's spit face contest.
"So I was thinking of doing a karaoke night at the bar tonight. Im tired of being the center of attention right now." I suggested. The guys nodded to each other. Until Lachlan started wailing "Let It Go". I threw the closest pillow at him.

We all just hung around the house all day in our pajamas. It was around 4:30 when we decided to get ready. I just wore a simple dark blue dress that rested on my neck, showing off my tattoo (media). I beach curled my hair and did simple makeup.
We jammed on our way to the bar. I knew exactly what to sing. I went over to the manager, who was also my sister, and asked for the keys to the back where the old karaoke machine was. We took it out and plugged it in. The bar wasn't too busy yet. It gets going around 5.
A few people went up and looked like they were having a good time. It was pretty packed and no one was going up, so I went.
"Hey guys. I'm back," I said awkwardly. I adjusted the mic and pulled up the song on the laptop. "So uh, this is Real Life by The Weeknd."

Tell 'em this girl wasn't meant for lovin'
Tell 'em this heart doesn't stay to one
I'll be the same, never changed for nothin'
It's all I know, never learned much more

Mama called me destructive, oh yeah
Said it'd ruin me one day, yeah
Cause every man that loved me, oh yeah
I seemed to push them away

That's real life, oh oh oh
Real life, ooh
Mama talking that real life, oh oh oh
That real life, real life, real life, real life

I know you don't really understand it
I'm not allowed to regret my choice
I heard that love is a risk worth taking
I wouldn't know, never met that boy

Mama called me destructive, oh yeah
Said it'd ruin me one day, yeah
Cause every man that loved me, oh yeah
I seemed to push them away

That's real life, oh oh oh
Real life, ooh
Mama talking that real life, oh oh oh
That real life, real life, real life, real life

Heaven only lets a few in
It's too late for me to choose it
Don't waste precious tears on me, I'm not worth the misery
I'm better off when I'm alone

That's real life, oh oh oh
Real life, ooh
Mama talking that real life, oh oh oh
That real life, real life, real life, real life
That's real life, oh oh oh
Real life, ooh
Mama talking that real life, oh oh oh
That real life, real life, real life, real life

When I was done, I had one of the biggest applause I think ever. I went back to sit with the guys. Some people came up and told me how they liked my voice and nice stuff like that. And I thanked them. One thing that was strange was Lachlan would steal glances from time to time. And whenever a guy came over or walked by, he would put his arm over the back of my chair. But I just brushed the feeling off.

We decided not to stay too long. I walked out with 2 phone numbers written on napkins. When I accepted them, Lachlan would bite his tongue. I could tell because his jaw would stick out and he's look down and away. We got in the car and he was still quiet. I was feeling tired, even though it was only 9:30. I looked at Lachlan who was looking out the window. I leaned my head on his shoulder for the ride and rested my eyes.

I was half asleep when we got back. Lachlan had an arm around me and was resting his head on mine. He just made me feel... Safe. I'm not going to get into or rush a relationship right now. Especially after Andrew. Lachlan invited me for a talk in his room when we got in. The other guys looked at each other with raised eyebrows. Lachlan took my hand lightly and led me in. We sat cross-legged across from each other.
"About your song choice tonight," he started, "did that really come from the heart?"
I looked down and shrugged. "Yeah. I guess. Because of everything that's happened in my life this past week, I was ready for some reality." He looked down. A moment later he chuckled and shook his head, looking sideways.
"What?" I questioned.
"How could they be so stupid! You're a smart, beautiful girl. You're hilarious and so damn talented. I wouldn't give someone like you up for the world!" He argued. I don't know what came over me. Maybe it was the longing for the feeling, or just that he wasn't like anyone else I'd been with before, but I kissed him. Not a dive-in, open mouth, but closed and sweet. He returned it. When we pulled away, we just looked at each other, no expressions, no words to say. I ran my hand down his cheek, still being fairly close to him. And I left. I don't know why. It could be my anxiety, or maybe it was just fate...

A/N
Rutt roh. Whattee doooo. I'm too tired for life. PSAT's next week. Kill me. Hope you liked <3
Later