6~ Happily Ever After... or Not

Oh God. Oh God. Oh God.

I should've never said yes to that man.

Oh come on, we both know it's a date!

It's not a date.

Shut up.

Anyway, I'm just really nervous.

I don't go on dates, mainly because I don't like people. Okay, yeah people have liked me but I didn't like them. Never. Never, ever, ever.

So, why Ashley?

Why do I have to go with the guy that'll break my heart?

Okay, relax Alana. Everything's going to be fine... I hope.

Yeah, everything's going to be fine.

 I take a deep breath and look in the mirror. It's gonna be fine. I turn around and grab my white t-shirt and put it on, ignoring the scar on my lower back that I saw in the mirror.

I grabbed my dark blue jeans that were ripped at the knees and then I put on my white high tops. He didn't say fancy, right? Ugh, I can't remember. Besides, we're just going to Johnny Carino's I picked it out, I'm in the mood for Italian... (A/N: I don't know if they have Carino's in LA but just stick with me here.)

I grabbed my keys, my wallet, and my phone and headed out to my car.

What if things do go wrong? What if he just goes back to hating me? What if-

Shut the hell up and drive!

...Okay, you're right this time...

I make it to Carino's and I open the door to see Ashley waiting for me at the door. He looks up from his seat and smiles.

"Hey," he greets while standing up.

"..Hello," I reply. We stand there in an awkward silence for a minute until Ashley pipes up.

"So, um, let's go to our table!" he says. I nod and a waiter just magically appears, leading us to our table.

"My name's Tiffany, I'll be your server today,' she says in that stereotypical annoying girly voice.

We order our food and soon, finally, she leaves.

"So... whatchya been up to lately?" I ask while taking bit of the oh-so-delicious bread.

"Well, the guys and I've been working on the new album," he says. It's going to be their 4th one, everyone's so excited!

"Cool, and what about... Clare?" I ask casually, but hesitating before I said Clare's name.

"Oh, you know, she's fine... uh, she's actually out in New York right now, said she had family issues," he explained.

"Oh, well that's nice," I say, not registering until the last minute that I said "that's nice" to her family issues.

"I mean, I hope everything gets fixed but nice because she's in New York," I explain quickly.

Ashley chuckles a bit and nods in agreement. I mentally sigh in relief.

Oh god, what am I doing?

I'm on a date with a man that has a girlfriend.

No, not a date.

Oh shut up, yes it is. It's a date.

I close my eyes and sigh quietly as our food gets here.

He's indirectly cheating on his girlfriend. That's illegal in the dating world, right? I don't know, I don't do this shit!

I quietly ate my food as Ashley talked about his new bass guitar that I got him, not mentioning that I got it for him. I spent most of my savings on that but I'm really glad he loves it.

I finish my dinner and I sighed, knowing that what I was going to do is going to be very rude.

"Ashley," I say, interrupting his speech. I open my eyes and I look up to the corner and then back down to him.

"Listen, I don't want to be rude but we both know that this is a date."

He looks taken back by this. After a moment of readjusting, he says, "It's not a date, we're just two friend going out to dinner."

"Yeah, right. You're buying the dinner, you'r girlfriend's all the way across the country, and you're sitting here with me eating bread sticks," I explain.

He sighs and sits back in his seat.

"You're right, it is a date," he groans while putting his hands over his face.

"Yup." An involuntary date. That's a new one.

"Alana, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean... you don't like me like that and I don't like you like that so maybe... we should just end this early," he explains.

Did you hear that, everyone? That was the sound of my heart falling to the floor and shattering to little pieces.

I gulp and hold back the tears.

"Yep," I squeak. Ashley furrows his brows at me.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," I squeak again. I cough and wipe my hands on my napkin. "I'm gonna go home."

He nods. "Do you want me to walk you out-"

"No, I'm fine!" I croak. I stumble out of my seat and rush out of the restaurant and to my car.

I sit in it and on the way home, Ashley's words wouldn't stop echoing in my mind.

"I don't like you like that."

_____________________________________________

Oh, I know I suck.

I'm so sorry for not updating for, like, a month.

Anyway, there you are. I'll try updating earlier than I have been but I'm not going to be able to for the next week so... sorry. I'm going on vacation.

Vote, comment, follow me?

Love you my little guinea pigs! :D