Chapter 6: The Prenup

​Vendetta tapped her fingers impatiently while her parents are spilling out their 'surprise' for her. She's trying her best not to spit curses while her beloved parents are dreamily matchmaking her to her worst enemy now.

"Ma," simula niya.

"Yes, Ven? I'm so glad na magkakilala na kayo ni Alrich. Hindi na kami mahihirapan na i-set ang date ng kasal n'yo. Right, hijo?" Humarap pa ito sa binata na prenteng nakaupo sa harap ng ama niya.

"Of course, Tita," he smiled pleasantly but her mother isn't seeing the wicked gleam on his eyes.

She raised her brow towards the man. Hindi na siya nakasalita ng sabahin ng binata na matagal na sila magkakilala at magkaibigan. Balak niya sanang magprotesta pero pinili niyang manahimik dahil alam niyang may punto ang alibi ni Alrich. It will be better than letting her parents know the nature of her work.

"Sa tingin mo, kailan pwede umuwi ang parents mo, Alrich? I missed Charles and Amy," her father inquired.

"Sa tingin ko po, next month. They are still enjoying their month-long anniversary with their Caribbean cruise."

"Ma-chat ko nga sa Facebook para mapag-usapan na ang kasal," sagot naman ng kanya ina.

"Ma!" Tatlong pares ng mata and tumutok kay Vendetta ng tumayo siya mula sa kinauupuan.

"Hija, sit down. Nakakahiya kay Alrich," kalmadong paalala ng ama niya.

"But, Pa. I am not ready for this. I am even not aware of this. I still have lots of works to do," reklamo niya. She hated being manipulated, no matter how adorable her parents are.

Pakiramdam niya, naramdaman ni Alrich ang turmoil na nararamdaman niya. Tumayo ang binata at pumwesto sa likuran niya. He put his palm on the small of her back which brought shiver on her body. Pinagmasdan niya bawat galaw nito. He tipped his chin ever so slightly on the direction of her mother.

Napansin niya ang lungkot sa mukha ng kanyang ina. She groaned inwardly, she know that she's done for.

----
Alrich had to suppress a grin. He knew the exact moment Vendetta lose the fight. Alam niyang maraming itinatago ang babae sa pamilya nito.

"I'm asking for a prenup, Tita, Tito."

"What?" Naniningkit ng mga mata ni Vendetta na humarap sa kanya, ngunit hinayaan nya lang ito.​

"But why, hijo?" tanong ni Blake sa kanya.

"It's not for bad reasons, Tito. Ven have her own company to run. I don't want to force her to share it with me. But all that I have will be shared to her, though."

Nakita niya ang pagkagulat sa mukha ng tatlo. He prepared himself for this.

"Why?" kunot noong tanong ni Ven sa kanya.

"Because, honey, I know how much you love DS. I don't want you to feel that I am taking over it. It's wholly yours. And what's mine will be yours, too." He smiled down at her.

"But why?"

"No more why, little one. That will be my conditions."

He saw the way her lips quiver with disagreement but he just smiled it away.

"Then, I have a condition, too."

"I will be disappointed if you won't have."

"I will put you on the name of my beneficiary and guardian."

"Guardian? What are you, kid?"

"That's not what I meant!" He smiled at her vehemence and looks at Ven's parents. Mukhang natutuwa naman ang mga ito.

"Then what, little one?" He patted her head.

"Don't call me 'little one,'" she brushed his hand away before continuing. "I want you to take care of me. Babantayan mo ako, ganun."

He almost laugh at the childish request the woman have. "Yun lang?"

"Nope," she smiled wickedly. "Tyson, Blaze and all of my men will be on your care, too. I hope you can feed them well, because they are like lions."

Her last words successfully make him laugh, which was quickly joined by Ven's parents.

"What's wrong with you, people?!" Galit na tanong ng dalaga.

"Are you sure na 'yan lang gusto mong prenup request?" Masiglang tanong ng ina nito.

"Yeah. That and that he will never neglect you if something happens to me."

"Your imagination is running wild, Ven. I'm sure Alrich will never let anything bad happen to you," Blake assured not fully knowing what's the reason behind Vendetta's words.

"'Wag kang mag-alala, Ven. I will write it on black and white so you will have no doubts."

"Writing and deciding this prenup contract is easier than my business contracts," pabulong na saad ng dalaga ng makaalis ang mga magulang nito

"Is it?" nakangiting tanong niya.

"Yeah. By the way, salamat."

"For what?"

"For making the perfect alibi to disguise what happened. Pero wag mo isipin na porque may ginawa kang pabor para sa akin, pwede mo na ako diktahan. I will return that favor." Nauna na itong pumasok sa loob ng bahay.

"Sure," tanging sagot niya. Vendetta will make his life turn upside down, and he knows it yet he's letting it happen.

"Bakit 'di ka pa pala sumama sa kanila pauwi?" tanong niya ng maabutan niya ito sa sala at tahimik na nakaupo.

"I live on my own before. Now, I will live with you. May angal ka?" He chuckled. "May sinabi ba ako?"

"Good."

"Go ahead and rest, kaichou." utos niya dito ng mapansin ang paghihikab.

"Will do." Tumayo na ito at naglakad patungo sa pansamantalang kwarto nito.

"Ven?" Tawag niya sa dalaga.

Lumingon naman ito. "Bakit?"

He smiled. "You might want remove your wig now? You don't have to be tough all the time, you know?"

Kitang-kita niya ang pamumula ng mukha nito.

"Bastard." He heard her muttered before pulling the wig from her head which is revealing her reddish long hair. Her hair that was so vibrant that he can't help but capture the moment Ven tried to tie it. *

"I will include this on the contract. You are to wear your hair as it is, okay?"

He heard couple of curses from the woman before hearing a faint 'yes.'

Alrich had to smile with his accomplishment for the day. The Yakuza girl will surely turn his worlds around.

_________________________________________________

* Link to see Alrich's photo of Ven's hair. (http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=80934011)