Chapter 8: Ven and Alrich

After the club incident, Ven felt that Alrich is eyeing her closely. It's irritating the hell out of her, yet warming her a bit.

"Remind me where are we going again," she muttered as she was sitting on the passenger seat of Alrich's Prius.

"Shopping," maikling sagot nito.

She groaned. Loudly. And Alrich just chuckled.

"F-"

Hindi nya natuloy ang mura nang sumabat si Alrich ng "Hush."

She rolled her eyes on him. Alrich insisted that she wear her hair down and leave her wig at home.

Hindi parin siya sanay na doon sila nakatira sa bahay ng binata. Although they don't share the same bedroom yet, alam niya kapag ginagabi ito ng uwi dahil sa trabaho.

"Being lawyer is tough, huh?" Hindi niya mapigil na komento. Alrich looked at her and smiled.

"It is. But being a gangster is a hell tougher than my job."

"Maybe. But I'm used to it," she proudly replied.

"I bet."

She looked at him sideways. "What do you mean by that?"

"Nothing."

She smirked at that. She kept her eyes on her side until they reached the shopping mall.

Alrich can't help but smile while seeing Ven's horrified expression as the assistants were hovering around her for fitting.

He took it to heart when he said that they will go shopping. He knew that Ven wasn't comfortable about the whole idea but he was glad that the woman tolerated his whim.

Nabalik ang tingin niya sa dalaga nang marinig niya and ang pag-angil nito kasabay ang pagtawag nito sa pangalan niya.

"Yes?" He asked playfully when he saw her face flustered.

"Just choose whatever you want!"

He laughed at her irritated tone. He asked the girls around Ven that he will handle it.

"You! Do you plan on killing me?" galit na tanong nito nang makalapit sa kanya.

"No, baby. I wouldn't dare."

He made his purchase of mostly black which Ven seems to favor. Something black another blue piece. It was mostly of dresses that will not be used by Ven.

He also arranged for a tailor to do a matching suits for both of them which seems to please Ven yet irritate her at the same time.

Aside from clothes, he purchased rubber shoes, heels and leather for her. Sa buong panahon, tahimik lang ang dalaga maliban sa paminsan-minsang pagrereklamo niya sa design o kulay ng mga pinamili niya. It was an enjoyable experience for him.

"Do you know what is the implications of your actions?" maya-maya ay tanong nito sa kanya.

He was silent for a while. He was fully aware of what it is that he wanted. "Yes."

"Can't I buy my freedom back?"

Even as Ven said those words, she wasn't sure if that is really what she wanted. Alrich has this air of calmness and protectiveness in him. Although her fighting skills are unmatched, being with the man feels different.

"No."

Sapat na ang sagot nito para makumpira ang hinala niya. For the first time in her life, she didn't feel sad about her wings being clipped.

She felt the man stiffined on her side. It was rare ocassions for both of them to be lost in words as they love to banter. The drive home was made in silence. She would kill to know what is currently running inside Alrich's mind.

Kahit nang tumigil na ang sasakyan nito sa garahe ay nanatili silang tahimik at walang kibuan.

"It's late, let's go inside."

She just looked at him and nodded. But even if she nodded, she was still stuck on where she was seated.

"Ven," mahinang tawag nito sa kanya nang mapansin ang hindi niya pagkilos mula sa kinauupuan.

"Yes."

Narinig niya ang pagbuntong hininga ng binata. She looked at his direction and can see that he was pinching the bridge of his nose while his eyes are closed. Ngayon niya lang niya napansin ang itim sa ilalim ng mga mata nito.

"Go ahead. Susunod na lang ako, Alrich."

Imbes na kumilos ay tumingin lang ito ng diretso sa kanya. "Come here."

"Ha?" Medyo nalito siya sa sinabi nito.

"I said come here."

Kahit hindi niya maintindihan ang gusto nitong mangyari ay unti-unti niyang tinanggal and seat belt at umurong palapit dito. Nagulat nalang siya nang maramdaman niya ang mga bisig nito na yumakap sa kanya.

"Al-"

Hindi na niya natapos ang sasabihin nang mas lalong humigpit ang yakap nito sa kanya.

"Are you feel trapped?" mahinang tanong nito sa kanya.

Hindi niya alam kung bakit tila alam nito ang nasa isip niya, but she shake her head in response.

"Are you scared?" ulit nitong tanong.

She breathed in before answering. "I don't know. I am always free and this is the first time someone other than my parents and Blaze can have me sit still for a long time. I am not comfortable with not being able to have my own freedom. I can't even remember if there was a time that I wanted to be tied down." She said the last sentence in a lower voice.

"I know, Vendetta. I know."

Naramdaman niya ang mabining paghaplos nito sa kanyang buhok.

"But you will give this a chance, right? It is for your own good."

She don't know what he mean by that but she just nodded. This will be a long night. 

Alrich lay awake on his bed. Ven was still her but something has changed. He knew. He was aware of it. And he don't feel good that Blaze might be the reason of the shift within her. That she was forced to stay with him because Blaze said it is fine.

He glared at his poor ceiling. Nakatingin pa rin siya sa kisame nang biglang tumunog ang cellphone niya. Nilingon niya ang orasan. 2:00 AM. Who might be calling this late? He thought grimly. 

Owari mashita. Mission done. That was what's written on his phone's screen. He smiled despite of his grim thoughts earlier. Tomorrow will be a long day.