Chapter 5: DeathScythe

Panay ang tingin ni Vendetta kay Alrich habang kumakain sila. Not because she was afraid that the man would do something bad to her, but she was trying to remember the face of the man. With his good looks, she's fairly sure that she can remember him if she knew who he is.

"How are you feeling?" biglang tanong nito sa kanya. She stopped drinking her juice then nodded.

"That's good to hear then. Mind telling me where did you sustained your injuries?"

Bigla siyang kinabhan. Hindi dahil sa tanong nito kundi dahil sa paraan ng pagkakatitig ng binata sa kanya. Pakiramdam niya ay hindi talaga ito tanong kundi isang confirmation kung magsasabi siya ng totoo o hindi.

Tila naman napansin nito ang uneasiness niya. Alrich smiled coolly. "By the way, I know who you are, Kaichou."

Nabitiwan ni Vendetta ang basong hawak niya at bumagsak sa sahig.

"Crap!" Agad na tumayo si Alrich at pumasok si dumating ang matandang babaeng kasama nito sa bahay. " Manang, pakilinis nga po nito."

Agad naman kumilos ang matanda para kumuha ng gamit panglinis.

"Are you okay?" Nag-aalalang tanong nito at hinawakan siya sa balikat.

"How did you know?" Halos pabulong na tanong niya.

There are only few people who call her 'Kaichou' or 'President.' DeathScythe was a very private organization despite it's prestige. And very few trusted people know that she was the 'Death' behind the DeathScythe.

"What?" Alrich asked confused, dahil siguro sa hina ng boses niya.

"I said, how did you know!" May kalakasan na tanong niya. Her identity is in line here. The man just shrugged nonchalantly then looked down at her.

"Why not? Am I not allowed to know who my future wife is?"

Napanganga siya sinabi nito. "Your what?!"

"Vendetta von Phoenix, 26 years old and the 'Death' behind DeathScythe. Blake and Victoria will be pleased that we've met."Tila sumakit bigla ang ulo ni Vendetta.

"I need to make a phone call."

"Later. Continue eating."

She looked up at him. The way he said those words shows that it wasn't a request so she backed off and continued swallowing the now bland food. Ni hindi niya na napansin na dumating na si Manang Yolly at nalinis ang nabasag na baso. But she's aware of the man eating gracefully in front of her.

***

"Thanks, Blaze. Let 'Scythe' know that I will be back on business within the next day."

Vendetta let out a long sigh. Scythe is being the humble partner that he is. Noong panahon na nagsisimula palang siya, may isang taong lumapit sa kanya para tumulong. Kung pribado na siya, may private and pagkatao nito. Or more likely, anonymous. She never saw who Scythe is. No idea if's she's a cunning woman or if he's a graying old man. All of their transactions was made through Blaze. Kahit minsan, hindi niya tinanong si Blaze kung ano and tunay na katauhan ni Scythe. She's too grateful that Scythe is the hidden partner.

She let out another sigh before lying down on bed again and closing her eyes. She held out her phone and sent a text for Blaze. Want to meet Scythe.

Pinilit niyang pumikit pero mukha ni Alrich and lumilitaw sa isip niya. She growled with frustration. How could he know her and not tell her. How could her parents match-make her without her knowledge.

She's on a deep thought when a knock from the door came."Ven, your parents are here," imporma ni Alrich sa kanya.

"I hate you. Go marry them," naiinis na sagot niya. Her whole life is being directed the way she wanted it. Hindi niya kailangan ng aalagaang asawa. O asawa na gugulo sa mga plano niya.

"Vendetta."

"Fuck!" She rolled out of bed, open the door and glared at the man resting on the door jamb.

"I'm so going to kill you!" She threatened him before hitting on the stomach with a practice jab which he just dodge perfectly then held her fisted hand hostage.

"You will go down and talk with your parents, Ven." He whispered behind her.

"Fuck off, Alrich. I'll kill you. Just wait and see."

"I would love to see you try."

Naikuyom muli ni Vendetta ang mga kamay at pumikit para kalmahin and sarili. Paanong nangyari na ang tagapagligtas niya na anghel sa unang tingin ay hari pala ng kadiliman? Bumuntong hininga siya bago nagtungo sa kinaroroonan ng mga magulang na pinatawag din ng binata.