Chapter 2: A car?

"A car? What's that doing in here?" Harrison asked "how the hell do I know" Jack replied "I just got here same as you". The boys looked all over the car, it looked like it had jets on the back and and large metal case in between it was jammed shut. The boys were puzzled, they didn't know what to do. Jack tried to open the door but it was locked, Harrison looked around the shed and found some keys they did not fit in the car door though. But Jack remembered a you tube video he had watched about getting into people's cars, Harrison thought that was fake but Jack insisted on trying. He found a piece of metal that could work but it didn't work so they looked outside and saw it was getting dark, they looked around the outside of the shed but there was no house, they went into the shed and found another room they missed earlier. It had a desk and chest of drawers, Harrison looked through the desk while Jack searched the drawers. Harrison saw a key and showed Jack who had found plans for something called 'Wonders of T' but the rest had faded. They tried the second key in the car door, and it turned and opened. Harrison stepped in the drivers side and Jack in the passenger, Harrison tried the key in the ignition but nothing happened, Jack suddenly remember the key he found earlier and gave it to Harrison and this one worked but the engine died. Jack guessed there might be no fuel but could not find any, they closed the shed doors and tried to sleep. Jack drifted off but Harrison couldn't sleep so he spent the rest of the night trying to figure out what to do, he looked under the hood but he didn't know what to look for but remembered Jack was studying engineering at school, Harrison thought it was like a movie where Jack knew about a object which happened to help in the situation. Harrison spent a lot of the night looking for a way to start the car but couldn't he went back into the small room and looked through the chest of drawers and found a manual which said "how to start paradox" there was another word but again faded for some reason Harrison wondered what a paradox was but didn't know he started reading it at the desk but fell asleep. He woke up to Jack shaking him saying "get up" so Harrison re read the manual while Jack checked the car and found it needed a new battery, but everything else was fine. Jack found a spare battery in a cupboard and hooked it up to the car, Harrison tired the key and the car roared in to life, Harrison re shaped a Y looking object and turned the clocks on just like he had read in the manual and put the date October 25 1255. Jack asked why the date was 1255 and Harrison shrugged he drove out, thankful his dad had showed him how to drive. Harrison found a clear space of land and thought he might try what the manual said, he drove to the end of the space and turned around, Jack asked "what are you doing?" "Getting to the speed 100 miles per hour" Harrison replied before Jack could ask why Harrison pushed hard on the accelerator and the car roared off, they were gaining speed fast Harrison was at 90mph when the tree line got closer but Harrison kept going Jack called to stop but just as the car reached 99mph a defining sound came followed by lightning coming from the hood and at 100mph all the trees disappeared and they were suddenly in a desert.