Chapter 5: New Life

Calida. Harrison remembered her as he had once had a crush on her, but thought nothing would ever happen between them. Calidia asked Harrison about the day the bus crashed into the river, so he told her leaving out the fact he found a time machine. When Harrison got up to leave he realised they had been talking for three hours, then started to leave but saw Calida had followed him out. They walked to Harrison's house and went inside, when suddenly a deafening sound rang out and Calida saw a bright light come from outside the window, and a car drove past. Harrison was confused, but suddenly remembered the time machine made that noise. He ran out followed by Calida and saw the inventor get out and told Harrison he needed him quickly, Harrison then introduced Calida and the inventor told her to get in as well.
"The car is only two seater" Harrison pointed out.
"Put her on your lap then" the inventor replied.
So Harrison sat in the passenger seat and Calida sat on top of him, while the inventor jumped in the drivers side and the car raised into the air and Harrison realised they were going back in time to 1965 and zoomed forward. Harrison looked out the window and saw a few houses but most were on fire. The inventor told them they had to stop this from becoming reality and zoomed off to January 10 1956 and all the houses were normal and people were everywhere again. The inventor let them out and said he was going to hide the time paradox. Once he had flown away Calida asked what was going on, Harrison explained everything again but this time told her about how he and Jack had found it in a shed the day the bus crashed into the river. Calida wasn't sure what to do, but Harrison said to wait for the inventor to come back. After two hours they thought something might have happened so they walked in the direction he had flown but after five miles they couldn't find any trace of the time paradox or the inventor. They decided to go find a hotel and booked a room. While Harrison was getting the rooms Calida overheard five boys saying about starting a gang and talking over the city, she thought about telling Harrison but thought they didn't seem like they would do that so she just left it. Two hours later they heard a gun shot and they looked out the window to see five boys laughing at a man lying on the ground head pouring with blood and a circle in between his eyes, Calida told Harrison about the five boys she had overheard,  and Harrison asked why she didn't tell him earlier and Calida looked sad and said she didn't think about it but Harrison didn't want to see her sad so he said it was alright and they would have to find a way to stop them.