Chapter 4 - Dancing With A Wolf

*Skye's P.O.V*

I woke up with a throbbing headache this morning. I grabbed my phone and checked the time.

"Shit" I said, realizing I have classes today and I'm already running late.

I quickly changed and fixed my makeup, glad I didn't take it off last night.

I don't know how I got back to my dorm last night, but some how I did.

I quickly brushed my hair, put my shoes on and grabbed my things and started running towards my first class.

"Fuck!" I exclaimed when I saw the bright sunlight.

I had almost made it to the classroom when I bumped into someone, making us drop our things.

"Fantastic" I said sarcastically to myself.

"Hey" a familiar voice said as the two of us bent down to grab our things.

I looked up to see Niall handing me a book. Wow, and I thought this day couldn't get any worse.

"Thanks" I muttered, taking the book and ignoring his greeting.

"Why have you been avoiding me lately?" He asked.

Great.

"Look, I'd love to stay and chat, but I've got to get going. I'm late" I told him, sarcastically, standing up and starting to walk away.

Almost immediately, he got up and jogged a bit to catch up to me.

"I just want to know why you've been avoiding me" he said, walking beside me.

"Niall, I know you're not stupid. I know you know the answer to that question, you just want to hear me say it"

He sighed in response before continuing.

"You know, I do enjoy your company. I just want to be friends with you and Monique again, like before graduation, but obviously Percy won't be there 'cause he's in Pennsylvania"

"I don't speak for Monique, but I can honestly say that for me it's not happening" I told him before walking off to my class.

I sat down in a seat by myself towards the middle of the classroom.

I relaxed in my chair, glad I got away from Niall, or at least I thought I did. He walked into the classroom expressionless before taking the seat to my left.

"Can you not take a hint?" I asked quietly as the professor entered the room and started the lesson.

"Why not?" He whispered, staring at the front of the classroom so the professor didn't notice that we were talking.

"What?" I whispered back.

"Why don't you wanna be friends anymore?"

"If you really have to ask me that than I was wrong earlier when I said you weren't stupid" I replied.

"Why are you being a bitch to me?"

"Wow, you really know how to win a girl over" I retorted sarcastically, leaning back in my chair.

"Answer the question, why are you being a bitch to me?"

"Why didn't you just break up with me instead of cheating on me?"

"Touché" he replied.

I smirked, crossing my arms and hoping he would finally leave me alone.

"Look, I'm really sorry I cheated on you, but that doesn't give you a right to treat me like shit" he told me.

"I wouldn't treat you like shit if you left me alone"

"Admit it, you secretly love having me around"

"Who wouldn't love their cheating ex hanging around all the time?" I said with mock enthusiasm.

"You're bitchier than I remember"

"You're more irritating than I remember" I shot back.
__________________________

(A/N)

Any fellow Mixers?
If so, what's your favorite song on Get Weird?
I'm in love with both Secret Love Songs.

💋 -TVo