Chapter 9

Beca and Emily were walking under an umbrella down a beautiful street in Copenhagen, but they didn't pay attention to any of the flowers or the houses or even the puddles. They were looking at a guide book, trying to find a restaurant that didn't serve fish. Beca had asked Chloe out and she promised a pizza. True she didn't know their date was going to be delayed but dammit, as stubborn as she was, she was going to find that Italian restaurant in between all those fish!

"Chloe I'm coming for ya!" She said when she spotted the redhead and the rest of the girls, and ran under Chloe's umbrella. Their relationship felt much more stronger lately.

The Bellas kept walking and taking pictures of the city, and they arrived to a big square full of people. There was a fair where they sold many pretty handmade things. Beca laughed because Chloe liked everything and she couldn't decide what to buy. Then suddenly the redhead saw someone.

"Jesse?" What the hell? This guy is everywhere at the worst moments. I'm dead if he wants to get Beca back...

"Chloe" He said with a nod and a little smile. "Beca" Another nod, bigger smile.

"What are you doing here?" Beca asked, she didn't know if she was annoyed or surprised.

"We decided to come here and support you, girls. You're my best friend after all." He said, winking at Beca. A month had passed since the brunette broke up with Jesse and he seemed to be accepting it.

"Awesome, dude!" Beca said, smiling.

"We?" Chloe asked.

"Oh yes, me and Benji... He is hiding somewhere, wants to see his special one." Jesse replied shrugging. And without more words, he stepped forward to hug Beca, and then he hugged Chloe. "Take care of her" He whispered in her ear, making Chloe blush with a shy smile.

.........................................................

Beca couldn't believe she had been so blind. She was in the elevator tapping nervously on her hip, on her way to the first floor. Of course the hotel the Bellas were staying in had a restaurant. And of course that restaurant served pizza.

She looked surprised as she walked in and saw a familiar face smiling and a hand waving at her. There she was, Chloe Beale, sitting at a table for two, next to the window.

"Sorry I'm late, had trouble with the hairdryer and..."

"Don't worry, Becs." Chloe soothened her with a smile.

Beca smiled back as she sat down across the redhead. She took a moment to look at her best friend. She was wearing a creamy dress, classic and simple but beautiful, her hair falling perfectly without her trying... and her eyes glowing with the candlelight. That reminded her of the campfire at the Boot Camp, where the redhead made Beca's butterflies crazy.

"You look gorgeous" She said, and then she cleared her throat looking away.

"Thank you! You too." Chloe replied. Both girls had bright smiles on their faces.

The waiter approached holding the menu but Beca lifted her hand to stop him and said they would have pizza. The most delicious pizza they could offer. Chloe giggled.

"You're adorable" the redhead said when the waiter walked away.

"Shut up weirdo, I got a reputation." Beca answered, faking annoyance.

A few minutes passed until the waiter brought their pizza. It was a big one, with mushrooms and cheese. The smell was so good and both girls reached out for the same slice. As their hands touched, they giggled and blushed, but none of them moved the hand. Instead, Chloe took the lead and tangled their fingers together, placing their hands on the table next to the candle. They seemed to agree on an implicit rule: Do not stop holding hands. The result was a hilarious dinner where Chloe and Beca had to eat pizza with their clumsy hands.

"Geeze Beca, you got cheese on your nose!" Chloe said chuckling.

"Hey don't be rude! This hand is the lazy part of me!" Beca answered, wrinkling her forehead and biting pizza. She felt her butterflies going crazy when the ginger laughed louder, holding her tummy with both hands.

"Hey Chlo, you lost the game! You moved your hand!" Beca joked.

"What? I didn't know that rule!" Chloe said, still laughing.

After a minute they calmed down a bit. People had been glancing at them in the restaurant, but they didn't care at all. It was just Beca and Chloe for them.

"Hey Becs." Chloe started.

"Yes?"

"I'm having an awesome time" the redhead said in a soft voice, making Beca's heart skip a beat.

"Hey Chlo." The brunette started.

"Yes?" Chloe giggled.

"You know that song I produced? The first song ever being produced by Beca Mitchell?"

Chloe nodded.

"It is for you. I dedicate it to you." Beca finished, her eyes glowing with a sweet smile.

Chloe didn't know what to say. Oh wow. Was everything she could think. Speechless, she let two silent happy tears run down her cheeks. She reached to hold Beca's hand again.

Her phone rang. It was 10 pm. Oh crap! I forgot about the plan... aca-gods please help me... Chloe thought.

"Are you ignoring that call?" Beca asked.

"Yeah it's... my girlf..." Chloe started, scared. But she was cut off by a blonde standing behind her.

"Here you are! Why didn't you answer my call?" Aubrey said, hugging Chloe from behind. The redhead faked a smile.

"Your girlfriend!? The freaking aca-nazi is your girlfriend!?" Beca was shouting. Aubrey's hands moved to Chloe's shoulders as an indication to hold on. They remained silent so Beca went on. "She is the one you have been dating!? Of all the women in the world, she is the one!?" Beca stood up, moving her hands and then holding her head, frustrated. Tears started forming in her eyes. She turned around and stormed out of the restaurant.

Her head was a hurricane. I can't believe this is happening to me. Well actually I can! I should have never let my defenses down, never. I am in love with Chloe, I am IN LOVE for God's sake! And I am late. Three fucking years late. Because now she is with the only woman in the world that can make her happier than I can. Aubrey has always been there for her, that's something I cannot beat...

Beca couldn't believe she had been so blind.