Chapter 10

Beca didn't answer the knock on the door and she didn't move when it was opened. She just kept crying on her bed. She knew who it was, there was only one person apart from her with a key to that hotel room.

"Becs, can we talk?"

That angelical voice, how can I say no? Beca thought, but didn't answer. She felt Chloe's weight on the bed and sat up, next to the redhead. With a big effort their eyes met, in silence.

"Beca, I'm sorry. I need to tell you something." Chloe said, carefully wiping the tears from Beca's face. She smiled softly when the brunette didn't offer resistence.

"What? NOW you're gonna tell me that Aubrey is your girlfriend? NOW that I've already seen it?"

Chloe held Beca's hand in her own, and placed it on her lap as she moved to face Beca better.

"No. I need to tell you something else." She said.

Beca held her breath, hypnotized with Chloe's blue eyes, waiting.

"I love you, Beca." She said at once, squeezing her friend's hand. "But I love you more than you think. Somewhere in between your first activity fair and your audition, I fell in love with you." Chloe bit her lip, scanning Beca's expression. Beca looked surprised at first, then confused.

"You... love me?" Was everything Beca could manage to say. Chloe nodded.

"After all this time I was ready to let you go, to stay as your best friend... But then you told me you didn't love Jesse anymore and... also you've been giving me a few signs, at least I think so..." Chloe shook her head and sighed. "The thing is I took my last chance. I made this plan with Aubrey to make you jealous, thinking that way you would maybe realize... that you love me too." The last part was a whisper, as the redhead broke the eye contact to look down. She was brought back to Beca's eyes when the brunette started caressing her hand with the thumb. A bright smile was waiting on Beca's face, tears in her eyes too but they looked like happy tears now.

"It worked." She said simply. Then she saw Chloe got confused, so she kept talking. "Weirdo, it worked. I see it now, I love you." It was a whisper, but it was heard clearly.

Chloe immediately cupped Beca's cheeks and kissed her lips, letting it linger, making it last. Beca's brain was working in slow motion, but she managed to bring her hands to Chloe's hair, deepening the kiss. The redhead let out a soft moan and let her hands slide down Beca's shoulders and sides, feeling the brunette shiver at her touch.

"Wow" Is all Beca could say when they finally stopped the kisses to catch their breath. They were still holding each other close, blue eyes meeting blue eyes again.

"You are so worth the waiting." Chloe whispered, and started kissing Beca's neck slowly getting a moan as reward.

Beca pulled Chloe on the bed on top of her and the kisses went on, from passionate, to lovely, to sleepy, until they drifted off in each other's arms.

......................................................

20 hours later...

The Bellas were amazing in the World Championship of colleged a capella. The old Bellas were there, the whole sisterhood supporting each other to avoid their extinction. The audience loved them, they loved their performance. It had to work.

"The winner is... The Barden Bellas!!" The presenter announced.

Beca felt her ears buzzing with all the screaming around her, she felt Amy's arms lifting her in the air and spinning her around, then she hugged Emily, and Jessica, and then there was Chloe. Oh my God, she looks more beautiful every minute.

"We did it!" Chloe squealed while hugging her tightly.

"We did it, Chlo." Beca replied, looking at her girlfriend in the eyes and smiling brighter than ever.

"Hey Chlo." She started.

"Yes?" Chloe answered. They were still holding each other's waist, in the middle of the stage, surrounded by their fellow Bellas, who were still screaming and jumping around.

"I promised I would tell you this. I'm ready for someone else now." Beca said, and then she cupped Chloe's cheek and kissed her.

THE END.

(Sequel to follow soon)